Music wrongly being put under an artist's name

Music wrongly being put under an artist's name

sourlikeworms

There is a band called Beyond from Hong Kong. I truely enjoy listening to their music since it brings back memories and old times. But under the name Beyond is some trashy hard rock metal band music. The hard rock metal band's name is also called Beyond. This is absoutely obsurd and outrageous. By putting the hard rock metal band's music in there, it ruins the overall appearance and music choices from the Beyond from Hong Kong. I just wanted to bring awareness to this situation for i am certain that there are other instances like this as well. 

9 Replies

Re: Music wrongly being put under an artist's name

skwid79

Also why is the split album "baby jesus, sliced up in the manger" have all its songs credited to F-minus/Leftover Crack when LOC didnt go by that name on that album It should be credited as tracks 1-5 as F-minus and 6-10 as Crack Rock Steady Seven.

dcashenFL

The same applies to Trust (band from the 80's) and TRST (synth goth band currently touring).

Why doesn't Spotify have customer service contact info to correct this?

4b4k

Hel has the same problem, at least three different artist placed under the same name

jwlgrant

I have seen this problem a LOT...We need some way to report this!

nelli8

I have noticed this a lot too.  I have also noticed that a lot of dates are wrong on albums.  Is there anyway to contact them and tell them this?

Highlighted

Giuliacorse

Also the Bluesband, "The Red Devils" got some dance kind of music under their name.

Peter__
Community Legend

Hey! Welcome to the community :)

You can report any content errors/issues such as these directly to the Spotify content team using the instructions outlined in this topic. Once you have submitted a query, the content team will investigate and then pass any needed details over to the record label to request a correction/change if needed (so it can take some time unfortunately!).

This issue stems a little deeper than just multiple artists on the same page. Spotify currently does not have a way in the clients to separate artists with the same name, meaning anytime this happens the artists get merged onto a single page. There is a discussion about it over on the Ideas Exchange here.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

gillvollio

The Quiet EP by The Stairwell has this issue as well.

Joe
Community Legend

Artists with the same name - go here.

Incorrect metadata - go here instead.

SUGGESTED POSTS