NEW ARTISTS: HAS THE SPOTIFY COMMUNITY HELPED YOU?

NEW ARTISTS: HAS THE SPOTIFY COMMUNITY HELPED YOU?

elenamallia119
Casual Listener

Hi everybody 😊 I am writing my thesis about the Spotify Community, the way people interact with each other and receive support from others, and how it helps new artists to gain more visibility.
I would like to know, from the upcoming artists, if this Community has actually affected your career in a positive way and if you gained more followers or collaborations through the Music Chat or the Playlist Exchange.
I m looking forward to see your answers.. thank you 😊🧡 love music.

5 Replies

Re: NEW ARTISTS: HAS THE SPOTIFY COMMUNITY HELPED YOU?

crookedboyz
Regular

I joined recently and I havent find my way around 

elenamallia119
Casual Listener

thanks for your answer.. and good luck!

LolitaWorldwide
Music Fan

I just recently joined the Spotify Community, I've been searching the music chat and playlist exchange features for keywords that match the genre of music I make and sharing my music within those chat groups. I've also been keeping track of the analytics via the Spotify for Artist App which I imagin will help me see whether my interactions here are helping me gain more visibility. Once the analytics come through I will let you know whether my interactions here have helped me gain visability.  

VGABND_Kenji
Music Fan

yeah, it's a little difficult at first to wrap your head around how this community works but once you get familiar it's very easy to use and there's a few things you really want to take part in: helping others, getting on playlists, and engaging with people.

someone mentioned measuring the analytics, I think that's a good idea too so you know exactly where to focus your time and effort. Tags are very helpful, I like to browse that way and I also enjoy helping out wherever I can.

Check out my projects sometime and give a follow.

https://open.spotify.com/album/0AzKWXbv3OQsYZJKiWgmxc

Highlighted

Rock Star 18
Rock Star 18

@VGABND_Kenji

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

Do you know that you can have your music playlisted in an official Spotify playlist ?

To know how to proceed, read these infos :

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Content-Questions/How-do-you-get-in-touch-with-playlist-owners-as-a...

Good luck...

twitter.com/soundofus

www.soundofus.com

SoundofusRock Star 18
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS