Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

Need more Porcupine Tree-esque tunes!

Highlighted

Need more Porcupine Tree-esque tunes!

Regular

Hey guys,

I'm running out of music to listen to, and was wondering if anybody had some gems to share!

I'm a rock guy. Pink Floyd (Dark Side - The Wall,) Tool, Karnivool, and Porcupine Tree are my favorites. I've recently been STUCK on Porcupine Tree. I've got all of their CDs, and I can say without a doubt that "The Sky Moves Sideways" is my absolute favorite album.

I love the psychadelic atmosphere, along with the butter smooth guitar leads.

Does anyone have anything that compares?

I've listened to Steven Wilson's side projects on Spotify, and wasn't really that thrilled by them (No-Man, Storm Corrosion, Blackfield.) I also think that Opeth is a little slow for my tastes. (Although, I can take slow if there's a meaty solo waiting to emerge.)

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Need more Porcupine Tree-esque tunes!

user-removed
Not applicable

Are you more into classic rock or modern incarnations of rock and metal influences? I tend to bounce around between the classic rock/metal and modern incarnations of the music styles. I have over just under 400 playtlists, artists range from Pink Floyd, Hendrix, Zeppelin, Yes, Moody Blues to hair metal of the 80's right into speed/thrash/death and black metal, I also have punk/hardcore/crossover artist playlists as well. I tend to build artists discography playlists rather then best singles type of playlists. So shout out if there is something you are interested in. I do not think I have even half of the artists I want added yet, I have only been at it for a couple years with spotify so far.

Lets see I have Fu Manchu, Melvins, C.O.C., Crowbar, Floor, EYEHATEGOD, Kyuss the band that preceded the Queens of the Stone Age, Mudhoney, Monster Magnet, Screaming Trees which was a grunge psychedelic influenced band, Weezer. I threw some playlists I have out there and I guess we will see what sticks?.

Highlighted

Re : Need more Porcupine Tree-esque tunes!

user-removed
Not applicable

Hello !

A few pieces here, but to look for

60's 70's & psychedelism - A - Z

Lysergic atmosphere - Vol 1, 2, 3

Enjoy !!

Highlighted

Re: Need more Porcupine Tree-esque tunes!

Roadie
SUGGESTED POSTS