Negative Nancy hour: What's the one (or multiple) band(s) you can't stand?

Highlighted

Negative Nancy hour: What's the one (or multiple) band(s) you can't stand?

ChristianReject
Roadie

I absolutely cannot stand a number of bands. Some are really popular, very influential bands, like the Eagles, Grateful Dead, Phish, Boston, Pearl Jam, Megadeth, and maybe a couple more, but those are the ones that stand out the most when I think of "horrible music."

This is just a fun question, no fighting please. :)

Tell me which you bands you cannot stand.

4 Replies

Re: Negative Nancy hour: What's the one (or multiple) band(s) you can't stand?

WesAmbler
Roadie

Hey @ChristianReject,

This is a good one. I know a lot of people have really strong opinions about certain bands that they'd love to share.

I personally don't have many bands in particular that I can't stand listening to provided they're making music for the love of music. What really gets me worked up though, is people who make music for the love of money.

I know I sound like a hippy when I say this, but the artists I can't stand the most are the ones coming out of the top 40 charts. The ones coming out of the machine.

You know the ones. The ones with the cheesy lyrics that 12 year old girls preach as real art. The one's that care more about their image than their music. The one's that are always making cameos in commercials and tv shows.

Look, I'm not gonna name names, but Niall Horan, Zayn, the rest of One Direction, Shawn Mendes, Charlie Puth etc.

I'm not blaming the artists themselves, because most of the time they get little say in what they perform and what songs records they put out. I'm blaming the system. I'm blaming the people for being silly enough to keep listening to music just because everyone else is listening to it.

Feels good to say these things. Like I said before, I think everyone will find this a little therapeutic.

artful_dodger59
Roadie

You're probably a Bieber fan... LOL!

WesAmbler
Roadie

@artful_dodger59 let's not be prejudiced

artful_dodger59
Roadie

Wasn't meant for you, but if the shoe fits. You know the saying.

SUGGESTED POSTS