New Releases????

New Releases????

bsabiston
Music Fan

So, why is it that big new releases come out, are on Spotify, and yet aren't listed on the New Releases page?  

You know, like YEEZUS for example, or the new Quasimoto album, the new Sigur Ros.  All of these came out today -- you'd think they would want to let people know.

11 Replies

Re: New Releases????

Liam
Community Legend

@bsabiston wrote:

So, why is it that big new releases come out, are on Spotify, and yet aren't listed on the New Releases page?  

You know, like YEEZUS for example, or the new Quasimoto album, the new Sigur Ros.  All of these came out today -- you'd think they would want to let people know.

Can I ask how you're finding them? If you're using the tag:new trick, then it takes a while to update.

Liam

bsabiston
Music Fan

Well, I just search for the abum -- I go to the Apple iTunes store and see what has come out, then go to Spotify and search for it.

But my question is -- Spotify has a big "New Releases" section on their "What's New" page, the first thing listed in the Spotify sidebar.  Why aren't the day's new releases on there?  Are they just late?

Joe
Community Legend

I have a feeling that's maintained by hand so is sometimes out of date. You might do better to search for new stuff with "spotify:search:tag:new".

Liam
Community Legend

@bsabiston wrote:

Well, I just search for the abum -- I go to the Apple iTunes store and see what has come out, then go to Spotify and search for it.

But my question is -- Spotify has a big "New Releases" section on their "What's New" page, the first thing listed in the Spotify sidebar.  Why aren't the day's new releases on there?  Are they just late?

I believe so, also the 'What's New' section is in the process of being removed :)

Liam

RyTyFern
Casual Listener

WHY DID YOU REMOVE THE WHATS NEW PAGE!?!?!?!

Rorey
Spotify Legend

Hey guys. Thanks for asking. I gave a better explanation of why we've added a Discover feature to Spotify over here.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Bring-quot-What-s-New-quot-back-Get-rid-of-quot-Discov...

zoobain
Music Fan

HI Rory,

Thanks for the explanation as to why Spotify added the Discover page, I hope some folk like it, personally its not for me. 
I am wondering if you could explain why you removed the Whats New tab though?
Other music programs have one, a good example as mentioned above is Itunes... 
It makes sense on so many levels to show new additions to the library. Can't we have both a Whats new and a Discover page? 

Thanks

awebbo
Music Fan

Hi Rory

you have explained why the Discover tab is there. But not why we can not have also a What's New page in addition. Discover is pretty rubbish TBH. What's New was my first check every time i used Spotify. There were two reasons for subscription, What's New and the speed. The developers have removed what's new and made Spotify slow. Hmm 

manlikebrow

The "Discover" facility has its uses but does not replace the simple functionality of "what's new".

Being able to browse the new releases was one of my favourite features of Spotify and I'm pretty annoyed that it's gone.

Is there no way we could have both features?  Or even an option to "Discover" new releases? Or some filter criteria to allow more advanced searches?

Disappointing!  An annoyance in an otherwise brilliant service :(

SUGGESTED POSTS