New releases should be available when they are in stores

Solved!

New releases should be available when they are in stores

benmackie
Regular

I have noticed new releases don't go up until days if not weeks after the release.  This is unacceptable for what we paid for.  I pay into Spotify for ALL my music needs.  Before Spotify I went out and got the album the day it came out, now I am unable to do that.

What's the deal?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: New releases should be available when they are in stores

SpotifyNewMusic
Gig Goer

At Spotimy, we track all the new releases as they are added to Spotify. A large percentage of new releases do go up during the day of release, the time of day this occurs does differ. As per physical release dates, the Spotify release day is different for different territories, i.e US Physical release day is Tuesday, UK is Monday.  Have you got any specific albums you can give as to not available for days or weeks after?

4 Replies

SpotifyNewMusic
Gig Goer

At Spotimy, we track all the new releases as they are added to Spotify. A large percentage of new releases do go up during the day of release, the time of day this occurs does differ. As per physical release dates, the Spotify release day is different for different territories, i.e US Physical release day is Tuesday, UK is Monday.  Have you got any specific albums you can give as to not available for days or weeks after?

JarodLandree
Casual Listener

Awakened by As I Lay Dying still isn't on posted, From Afar by Ensiferum was removed, X by The 69 Eyes came out LAST YEAR, as did Blood for the Master by Goatwhore, I am also currently hoping the new 69 Eyes song Lost Without Love doesn't get over looked. I actually happen to not have a lot of music that I believe should be on Spotify, but isn't for probably various different reasons.

Joe
Community Legend

The music FAQ explains this and what you can do to get music on Spotify.

Highlighted

steviemufc

When will the Wiley #8 album be released - It's already on itunes....I really want to be able to get music in the same tome frame as itunes as I dont want to move over to it.

Thanks

Stevie

SUGGESTED POSTS