New to Spotify, please help me transition from Pandora One

Highlighted

New to Spotify, please help me transition from Pandora One

heatm1ser
Regular

Hi, as the title says, Im new to Spotify Premium. In Pandora I can create channels and add artists that I like, and the channel will play those, as well as similar artists. How do I do this within Spotify? I'm sure I'll have more questions, but lets start small so I can utilize Spotify the way I need to.

Thanks in advance!

5 Replies

Re: New to Spotify, please help me transition from Pandora One

heatm1ser
Regular

I can't tell you how helpful the community has been! Thank you very much!!!

user-removed
Not applicable

@heatm1ser

Hello:

Did you find everything you need?

Any radio station can be simply started from any artist page in the service.

Also be on the lookout, there is a rework in process for the radio system, as there has been some issues with the old method for sometime. Got a sneek peak at the new redesign for the new radio feature for a few days by accident. If the new radio feature develops like I think it is, people are gonna really like it just like many users have with regards to the new Discover Weekly playlist feature, which you should start getting somewhere after your first month of solid listening on the Spotify service, so keep a look out for the Discover Weekely Playlist as well. As the Discover Weekly playlist will just show up on your account as a new playlist created with your user name in it and possible user image if you linked your Spotify account to your facebook profile, and the playlist will read created by Spotify. Be sure to copy and paste any songs you wish you keep into your own created playlist as it updates every Monday rather early in the Morning based on your time zone.

heatm1ser
Regular

If you didnt notice, not one reply to my original post, so my thank you follow-up post was sarcasm. If I can't get help with this, I'm cancelling ym Spotify subscription and sticking with Pandora One

user-removed
Not applicable

@heatm1ser

Apologizes the holidays and all, and as the boards has been a little laxed over the last couple of weeks. I thought maybe you had dug enough into the posts here at the community and found what you needed in regards to help.

Since Spotifty is a full streaming service, meaning users can play full albums or selected tracks by artists added to the Spotify service. Many users simply create their own playlists, and then add the content from the artists they want to their playlists as often as they do. Note each playlist has a 10,000 track limit, but users can create as many playlists as they wish to. As I wrote previously, users when at any artist pages, users can start a radio station based on that artist at any time.

Also the more time you play content, say a month long or more, you get what is called a Discovery Weekly Playlist added to your account. This Discover Weekly playlist will include similar artists you have been listening to and a few outlier artists you might have overlooked or not noticed yet. The Discover Weekly playlist updates every Monday, so save favorite tracks to a personally created playlist as it will be a new set of tracks every week.

heatm1ser
Regular

Thank you..I think I've gotten all the info I needed to get started.

SUGGESTED POSTS