Newbie that needs help! Rocker/Dreamer

Newbie that needs help! Rocker/Dreamer

bradg43
Roadie

I'd love some help/advice from you guys!

I'm in the process of making some music, but I'm not very far yet. I have some good tunes just with my guitar and a bass line and a few lyrics to some song I've made. I don't have band so I don't have drums and I'm not that great of a singer so it doesn't sound great but the ideas are there. I guess its all still in this "demo" stage.

Anyway, I'm excited about it and think its still good enough to get some opinions on it. how could I share these demos and get feedback? I don't want to post demos on Spotify and have people mistake them for terrible songs.

(I don't really know the process of getting your music on Spotify to begin with anyway)

But, I want people like you guys to be able to listen to it and tell me if it has potential and if i should really work hard at it. Id love to be able to make music for a career but it seems so hard to get to that point. If i put 100% effort into it i believe I could have some level of success but being in college with other career goals lined up in front of me, its hard to put 100% focus on music (and on school when the music is calling).

Also, if i were able to get these "demos" up, is it safe? Would there be someone just going to steal it? I'm new, clueless, had have a lot of questions. Thanks for reading all of that and really appreciate anyone with constructive responses!

spotify:user:bradg43

3 Replies

Re: Newbie that needs help! Rocker/Dreamer

David
Spotify Legend

It's probably a bit to early to get your tracks on Spotify. Try popping them on something like Soundcloud, having a private link, and sharing that with a select few friends or family to get feedback. Of course, be warned that sometimes they might be far more forgiving than constructive! 

If you have any musicial friends, they might be able to provide some more specific feedback. Then, when you're ready, then Spotify would be for you.

Airhorn Enthusiast

bradg43
Roadie

Ok! Thanks for the advice! I was thinking Sound Cloud might be the way to go!

doleviru
Music Fan

Dreamer.......................

SUGGESTED POSTS