Nightwish End Of All Hope

Solved!

Nightwish End Of All Hope

Lacha

Hi

I can see and play it in spotify, but my son can not. It´s not available in your country??????

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Nightwish End Of All Hope

neo-x
Community Legend

Premium or not, that doesn't actually have anything to do with it. I'd say this could be that specifid content ins't available since they have been requested to not be available. Since Spotify does use a Country selector, it could be that it is going to be available later on or that this is mistake that its not available, or has been requested by a record label or such to not allow it everywhere.

my 2 cents.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Spotify
Spotify
No worries, it's always worth checking. We only need to check the URI's from our end to give you a clear answer.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?
9 Replies

ilija
Regular

The whole album Century Child (except maybe 2-3 songs) is not available for me also in Sweden, with premium.

Strange, almost everything else from Nightwish is available.

Any explanation from the Spotify-guys?

neo-x
Community Legend

Premium or not, that doesn't actually have anything to do with it. I'd say this could be that specifid content ins't available since they have been requested to not be available. Since Spotify does use a Country selector, it could be that it is going to be available later on or that this is mistake that its not available, or has been requested by a record label or such to not allow it everywhere.

my 2 cents.

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

ilija
Regular

Of course it could be the album is not available in the country. Even Spotify shows a message that it is not available in Sweden. That is OK. But if we do not bring it up and it is an error then it will never be fixed. I read somewhere the particular album has a different label which removed all their albums from Spotify but recently made them available again. This is the main reason why I think it is possible this to be an error.

neo-x
Community Legend
I'll point this out to the staff and let them comment more.

Spotify
Spotify

Hi guys,

Thanks for telling us about this, neo-x. I've had a look into this, and it appears to be a licensing issue. You can get more info on this type of thing here.

-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

neo-x
Community Legend
Thoughts so, but since not always 1000000 % sure, so requesting clarification was the next step in mind :)

Spotify
Spotify
No worries, it's always worth checking. We only need to check the URI's from our end to give you a clear answer.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

SteveBrammer
Community Legend

Yes it's worth checking, but let's be realistic. In 95% of the cases where something is not available, its because that's what some record label or rights holder wants.

In the few cases where there is actually an error you would expect the rights holders or even the artist(s) concerned to complain as the are potentially losing money. Funny how you don't see or hear about that too often.

Highlighted

egel15
Casual Listener

Up to yesterday morning (8/2/18) I had "Endless forms most beautiful"  and "showtime showtime" from Nightwish available in my playlist. Since yesterday afternoon I can't play them anymore. Why? 

SUGGESTED POSTS