No Awolnation on German Spotify

Solved!

No Awolnation on German Spotify

Tyde
Casual Listener

Hi,

I changed my Spotify Account from US to Germany yesterday and I discovered today, that the newest Album from AWOLNATION is missing in the German Spotify library. Is there a reason for that?

Greetings,

Tyde

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: No Awolnation on German Spotify

Tyde
Casual Listener

Hm...I found out, that for AWOLNATION, there is a simple explanation: Awolnation simply does not have a label in Germany. If I would want to buy their CD, I would have to buy an import, because there is no German version. Things like this just invite you to end up pirating their **bleep**...

3 Replies

David
Spotify Legend

Hello Tyde!

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

There could be a number of reasons for this - We have an FAQ post about this right here.

Airhorn Enthusiast

Mickey
Music Fan

Sometimes the reasons are not comprehensible. 

Example:

Rollins Band: Almost all albums are available at spotify USA. Also they are available on simfy Germany. That means: Rollins Band music can be distritubed via streaming and they are available in Germany. I can see no reason why spotify has the rights for the US but not for Germany and simfy has the world wide rights. That makes no sense at all.

:(

Tyde
Casual Listener

Hm...I found out, that for AWOLNATION, there is a simple explanation: Awolnation simply does not have a label in Germany. If I would want to buy their CD, I would have to buy an import, because there is no German version. Things like this just invite you to end up pirating their **bleep**...

SUGGESTED POSTS