[Noise] Post your favourites here!

Highlighted

[Noise] Post your favourites here!

Regular

I figured any music board needs a thread on noise, so let me get this party started with some nice power electronics:

spotify:album:3HOtmw25fWCfpvAlxl9H8p

spotify:album:4eapj1AqPcfoep50CP5GFG

12 Replies
Highlighted

Betreff: [Noise] Post your favourites here!

Roadie

Nice Idea, that Pharmakon Album is one of my favorites too. Do you know Puce Mary? I think you might enjoy it. Here's a fine collaboration of Puce Mary and L-R. It's not as great as Puce Mary solo in my opinion, but sadly her other releases are not availabe at Spotify at the moment.

spotify:album:3sMQrs4qfpKr7Jjd6l6g4h

And I created a Playlist with my favorite Noise/Noise Rock/Abstract Albums, maybe you'll find some more interesting Noise Music in there:

spotify:user:1121836615:playlist:7lrH1FyJdmgyAYah9bnlMo

My Spotify Playlists:
http://open.spotify.com/user/1121836615
Highlighted

Community Legend
Heavy Stuff 🙂 I thought death metal was noisy, but theres heavier stuff out there 🙂

My Spotify Profile: Jazzwhatever

Highlighted

Regular

Not a lot of cross-over between death metal and noise, unfortunately. I guess it's because death metal is mostly either technical or rhythm-focused. Luckily, we have other genres of metal crossing over with noise, in particular black metal:

https://play.spotify.com/album/5xAoQwBrbv8JwwvAaTha6S

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

Hello:

I have a release that might fit here in the Noise rock category. Some may or may not know that White Zombie fronted by Rob Zombie started out as Noise Rock. And there was a rerelease of some of that far older material collected together from the not so umm more polished early days, well before the Horror Rock/Metal sound of WZ and then Rob Zombie solo work would be known for anyway here it is: Let Sleeping Corpses Lie

spotify:album:4eYQEkZqw78RC4ia2Txo8l

Highlighted

Community Legend

@user-removed The content of the 1st & 2nd cd is not available in The Netherlands. But i can hear the noise relation in White Zombie. 🙂

@namnatulco An interesting find, here's the proper link: spotify:album:5xAoQwBrbv8JwwvAaTha6S

Highlighted

Regular

@jazzwhatever you may already be aware of this, but I feel I just have to post it due to your username and avatar:

spotify:album:2YxOKIEvWuLnBTWGJL77aI

Also, if you enjoy the axis a lot, you may also enjoy Blut aus Nord's earlier works (more recent releases are mostly a blend of industrial metal and black metal). I'm not really sure which specific release to recommend, because it's been a while since I listened to them, though.

@jaylb

Cool, I didn't know that. I wish I could listen to it, it's also blocked here in Germany.

Highlighted

Community Legend

Thanks @namnatulco for the link to that album, cool stuff!

Highlighted

Re: [Noise] Post your favourites here!

user-removed
Not applicable

I found one I can post about, maybe other Spotify users have access to it. I have been checking out Devin Townsend's solo work, and seems I have gotten to his Dark Ambient/Noise experiment release he did.

Artist: Devin Townsend
Release: Devlab
Year: 2004
Labels: HevyDevy
Style of Music: Dark AmbientNoise
Origins: New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada

spotify:album:0uJeMfU1hAglIAfcfPVlk7

Highlighted

Re: [Noise] Post your favourites here!

user-removed
Not applicable

Came across another Dark Ambient/Noise/Drone experimental release by Devin Townsend

Artist: Devin Townsend
Release: The Hummer
Year: 2006
Labels: HevyDevy
Style of Music: Dark Ambient, noise, drone
Origins: Same as the last post.

The sound frequencies really play with the listener's hearing after awhile. So do not play this while driving it might be a bit too distracting at too high a volume. As with any sound frequency ranges in this type of music experimentation it can produce odd sensations to the listener.

spotify:album:7yO6fTbPSzVdv1S4meO2wG

SUGGESTED POSTS