Non-English-speaking groups that tried to sound like The Beatles

Highlighted

Non-English-speaking groups that tried to sound like The Beatles

Community Legend

I saw a Turkish movie called Kedi Sunday with a great song in it — perhaps a little doo-wop influence, some Middle Eastern sounds and a whole lot of British Invasion. I Shazamed it and found out it was a hit called "Fındık Dalları" by Mavi Işıklar, a group that brought Western pop sounds into Turkey during the '60s.
spotify:track:2tyQI1o8mP1Rb0LR6Rt0x3

Hearing the song got me to thinking: Hundreds of bands had to have tried to re-create what The Beatles and other British bands were doing in the early '60s. I know the English-speaking bands from the U.S. and the U.K. (even one or two from Australia), but I bet there were bands all over Europe — and beyond — doing it.
I listened to the Related Artists for Mavi Işıklar, even tried Spotify Radio, and came up with nothing else that sounded like them. But we've got a global Community here — surely some of you guys can recommend other non-English speakers that were doing what Mavi Işıklar was doing. Post your suggestions here!

6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Non-English-speaking groups that tried to sound like The Beatles

Roadie

In the middle 60s, the band Los Shakers from Uruguay recreated the sound of The Beatles and The Kinks. In this case, they sang in english.

Two songs:

Highlighted

Roadie

In Argentina, the band Los Gatos Salvajes (Wild Cats) was the first rock band to compose in spanish.

Later they were transformed in Los Gatos. Their first LP is from 1967.

The song "La Balsa" is considered the founder of the movement we call "Rock Nacional Argentino". This year we celebrate the first 50 years of argentine rock.

Highlighted

Community Legend

These tracks are fantastic, @BenitoKCMExactly what I was looking for!

Highlighted

Roadie

Hi @brian_mansfield , glad to hear that!!!

Highlighted

Community Legend
This is a band from my country (Indonesia) and they were heavily influenced by The Beatles.

https://open.spotify.com/track/7y1rKr0vCnzwbjLVdOOhcT?context=spotify%3Aartist%3A01qO0VcjpvkpAyrnYuz...

Highlighted

Roadie

A little more low-key, but definitely worth a listen! This is a French band that I came across recently. Hopefully it helps!

🙂 

spotify:track:5OGXZV7w69Mkvf64nnD7R8

SUGGESTED POSTS