Announcements

Older albums you just discovered this year

Highlighted

Older albums you just discovered this year

Spotify
Spotify

I know there are lots of 'Best of 2015' lists floating around (which I love) but I'm sure we all discovered some other great albums this year. 

Anyone discover a new artist or album that was released before 2015 this year?

Personally I'd never listened to the indie rock band Car Seat Headrest but they caught my eye when Teens of Style came out in October. Then 'Sober to Death' showed up in a Discover Weekly and I've been exploring their older stuff. If you haven't given them a listen I definitely recommend it for fans of Elvis Depressedly or Coma Cinema. 

spotify:track:4qlaZj8Lt3QvWWjckQLXUF

5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Older albums you just discovered this year

Roadie

Great topic.  i struggle to answer it because i spend so much time focusing on new releases.  This one doesn't go that far back....all the way back to 2014 🙂  But this was brought to my attention this year and it sounds like it's straight out of a John Hughes movie
spotify:track:3Ub9E48cI42VPMohSKqRGP

And also, this synth band Soviet released a new song She Talks this year, and I had discovered that they have actually been around since early 2000.  That's a treat when you discover a band that's new to you only to find out that they have a back catalog!

spotify:track:43p4I84ChhGkrIMDkYtdo1

Follow Me
DJ Mikey
Strangeways Radio
Owner / Program Director

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

You can't imagine how many old albums I discovered this year!!! 😄

Some of them are Caustic love by Paolo Nutini and Push the sky away by Nick Cave.

spotify:album:0DnxCSZdeApVBVfcWsm3IJ:small

spotify:album:7DGzeERtReCHCG0k9mABXv:small

Highlighted

Roadie

A few months ago I discovered The days of wine and roses, a 1982's album by The Dream Syndicate. An alternative/indie rock band that incredibly I´d never listened before. Great album!

spotify:album:6bEsohmyMkVbJfthvKKUjt

Highlighted

Roadie

Love the Dream Syndicate!

Went on a Guided By Voices binge this year. Besides Bee Thousand and Alien Lanes, I think this is my favorite album of theirs:

spotify:album:0eDeEwuUw9KA17Kx9MiK4O

Spotify

last.fm

Rateyourmusic.com

SoundCloud

My Favorite Tracks of 2015

If I helped, mark my answer as solution to help other users solve similar issues, please don't forget to send kudos if you like any answers.

What is a Rock Star and how you can become one? Click here to find out!
Highlighted

Roadie
SUGGESTED POSTS