[On This Day] Jimi Hendrix

[On This Day] Jimi Hendrix

Rock Star 18
Rock Star 18

On This Day :

May 3, 1968 : Voodoo Child (Slight Return), final track of the double album Electric Ladyland by famous guitarist Jimi Hendrix, was recorded at Record Plant studio in New York City.

spotify:track:2AxCeJ6PSsBYiTckM0HLY7:small

Fun facts 1 :

* The song was recorded with Noel Redding on bass and Mitch Mitchell on drums.
* The song was recorded for the filming of a short documentary by ABC television.
* The song was mostly improvised in the studio.
* Famous guitarist Joe Satriani said : "It's just the greatest piece of electric guitar work ever recorded... The whole song could be considered the holy grail of guitar expression and technique. It is a beacon of humanity."
* The song became a staple of Hendrix's live performances and would vary in length from seven to eighteen minutes.
* In 1970, after Hendrix's death, Track Records released the song as a single in the United Kingdom using the title "Voodoo Chile".
* The song became Hendrix's only number one single on the British record charts.

Fun facts 2 :
* Voodoo Child (Slight Return) was developed from Voodoo Chile, recorded May 2, 1968, during a studio jam with Steve Winwood on organ, Jack Casady on bass and Mitch Mitchell on drums.
* Voodoo Chile is Hendrix's longest studio recording.
* Voodoo Chile was also used as the title of the 1970 single release "Voodoo Child (Slight Return), that has caused confusion regarding the two songs.

spotify:track:0auKlivXpm76wR63mMJ3pR:small

twitter.com/soundofus

www.soundofus.com

SoundofusRock Star 18
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
1 Reply

Re: [On This Day] Jimi Hendrix

Rock Star 2
Rock Star 2
Wow, never knew that.
JᴀᴄᴋRock Star 2
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS