On This Day :
May 18, 1964 : The House Of The Rising Sun, version by British band The Animals was recorded at a small studio on Kingsway in London.
Fun facts :
* The song is a traditional Folk song called sometimes Rising Sun Blues.
* As recorded by an electric rock band, it has been described as the first Folk-Rock song.
* The Animals recorded the song in one take.
* The Animals' rendition of the song is recognized as one of the classics of British pop music.
* The song went #1 in UK and in different countries as US or France.
* The traditional Folk song had been previously arranged and recorded, in late 1961, by Bob Dylan, for his debut album (1962).
* The legendary guitar intro of The Animals version has been taken on Dylan's chord sequence played as an arpeggio.
Fun facts 2 :
* According to John Steel (Animals' drummer), Bob Dylan told him that when he first heard The Animals' version, it inspired him to go electric.
* In US, The Animals version of the song, became the first British Invasion number one unconnected with The Beatles.