On This Day :
April 15, 1966 : After Math, 4th studio album by the British band, The Rolling Stones, was released in the UK by Decca Records.
Fun fact I : It's the album of the multiple first
* First album of The Stones including only compositions by Mick Jagger / Keith Richards
* First album of The Stones recorded entirely in the USA (At RCA Studios in California)
* First album of The Stones released in True Stereo
Fun Fact II :
* It's one of the earliest Rock album longer than 50 minutes.
* The album is containing one of the earliest Rock song longer than 10 min : Goin Home
* The album will be released the 20 June in The USA, featuring a different cover and track listing (the single Paint In Black is replacing four of the British album's songs)
* On this album Brian Jones is emerging as a talented multi-instrumentalist, playing : sitar, Appalachian dulcimer, marimbas, Japanese koto, guitar, harmonica and keyboards.