On This Day :
May 2, 1989 : The self-titled debut album by the British band The Stone Roses was released.
Fun facts :
* The album was not an immediate success.
* The record's critical standing improved significantly in later years.
* In the later years, the album has been viewed as an even more important album than when it was first released.
* The album got a high ranking in polls of the greatest albums of all time.
* The album keeps to be an iconic release of the Madchester and Baggy generation.
* 1st single from the album : Made Of Stone
* Single available on certain non-UK version of the album : Fools Gold