Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

One Album for Every Year of Your Life

One Album for Every Year of Your Life

Community Legend

Hi All, I got this idea from a blog I read recently and thought it could make a good playlist. It's simply about choosing one album for every year you've been alive. The choices don't all have to be different, e.g. I've chosen Black Sabbath a couple of times. Mine starts in 1968.

https://play.spotify.com/user/spiritofradio/playlist/2LF5hTyMQP9MPU83qZvJeP

20 Replies

Re: One Album for Every Year of Your Life

Community Legend

@spiritofradio I like this idea and I have to be the second one to add an album, because my list starts in 1969 🙂 It's a shame that Captain Beefheart's "Trout mask replica" is not on Spotify, so I have to choose my second favourite, in my opinion one of the best albums of LZ and one of the best debut-albums ever

https://play.spotify.com/album/1J8QW9qsMLx3staWaHpQmU

Community Legend

Sorry I misunderstood the concept, so you are asking for a playlist with all albums, okay, I will need more time, but I will come back

Roadie

This is a bit more ambitious than what I have already done, which is one track for each year of my life.

spotify:user:128759556:playlist:6HD6kdTxt07r3c81oR4tih

For most of these, you could use the album the track came from for the year. Maybe I'll do the album thing in the future.

Community Legend

@fduniho It seems you are one of the few YES-fans, which like "Drama". I think also, that "Drama" is underrated

user-removed
Not applicable

@heartscore

I am a big huge Yes fan, even through the various lineup changes.

I just recently came across a newish release from the original Yes singer Jon Anderson, one of his solo projects Anderson/Stolt:

Word is Jon Anderson has teamed up with two other Yes veterans, Trevor Rabin, and Rick Wakeman for a new solo project titled ARW - Anderson, Rabin, and Wakeman, with plans for a new album release, not sure when it is planned to be released though:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Anderson

Community Legend

@user-removedI listened to the track "Knowledge" and though I think it can not compete with the old classics it's closer to the old YES than the last albums of YES itself. I am also curious about the new allstar line-up. I always wonder, that Anderson's voice is not getting older

Community Legend

Very interesting, I recognised, that it was very hard for me to choose one album per year until around 1990, because often I had to choose between several favourites. From 1990 I explored less music, so it was easier to find the one, but from 2000 to present I had to search and listen first before I found an album for each year.

https://play.spotify.com/user/heartscore/playlist/6tOkbQnzA5fNMQ7MwVzFSr

Roadie

I'm listening to the Anderson/Stolt album now, and I have added it to my Yesmen playlist. It sounds much more like classic Yes than recent Yes albums have. I was never really impressed by Jon Davison's contribution or by the Buggles songs on the album Benoit David recorded. I did previously learn about Anderson, Rabin, Wakeman and watched a video or two on YouTube, but Jon Anderson had a hoarse voice in these. I'm hoping he'll sound better in the studio. He has also recently been working with Jean-Luc Ponty, the electric violinist who plays fusion. I just learned that members of Rush will be inducting Yes into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame next month. So I'm looking forward to that.

Casual Listener

@spiritofradio this is a great concept. I was born in the 80's, so I'm a bit behind you generation-wise. I think I'd have to include New Order in there somewhere 🙂

SUGGESTED POSTS