Organizing and finding your playlists

Highlighted

Organizing and finding your playlists

musicologynyc
Community Legend
My playlist side bar is getting LOOOONGGGG. I continually add tracks to a number of these playlists and they are pretty scattered within the sidebar. Wondering how you guys organize and access your playlists so that you can easily add tracks. Looking for best practices here. :)
6 Replies
1 person liked this

Re: Organizing and finding your playlists

Rock Star 13
Rock Star 13

@musicologynyc good question! I have five folders:

To Listen

Some forty playlists i have yet to listen to, but i don't plan to follow long-term.

Home

I keep my curated playlists and 'not quite' collection here, and a sub-folder called esoterica where I keep the playlists I made for a single person or purpose (i.e. an official playlist I made for a cafe, a playlist for a friends introducing them to falsetto voices, playlists for one person etc.). 

Friends

Where I keep the playlists of my twenty-something closest friends on spotify, organised by name.

Network

Where I keep the playlists of my followers (I try to have a look at the music of every follower, but that's a work in progress!), organised by name and divided into 7 folders of twelve.

Weekly

Where I keep quality playlists that are updated approximately weekly, that I want to keep track of (organised by genre), including music blogs, and the the fresh finds collection.

crematedmanRock Star 13
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
1 person liked this

musicologynyc
Community Legend
Well, the folder thing is a big help. Had no idea that it existed. Ha. Thank you. Also, thanks for the other best practices. Will incorporate.
2 people liked this

RazyIym

I never mind having many playlists in line-up but as I constantly update music, scrolling through them becomes tedious. (Over 100 playlists... yeeaahh.)
I can't believe I've ignored the folder option! Seen and skipped it at times but this time I'm doing it. Thanks for the reminder about it! =)

2 people liked this

musicologynyc
Community Legend
I just spent the last hour organizing. I feel liberated. ;)

Rock Star 13
Rock Star 13

@musicologynyc @RazyIym very welcome ^_^ don't know how you survived without it, I have at least 350 playlists following

crematedmanRock Star 13
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
1 person liked this

blakequest
Casual Listener

I usually have a "Work in Progress" playlist that sits at the top of all my others that I toss any new finds into. I keep the rest of mine sorted by year in their seperate folders, which lets me keep things a bit more organized. It's also a fun way to track my progression in taste of music.

Hope that helps!

SUGGESTED POSTS