Other places to discover new music on Spotify

Highlighted

Other places to discover new music on Spotify

Spotify
Spotify

We all know that Discover Weekly, Release Radar, Daily Mix, Today's Top Hits, and New Music Friday can be good places to uncover new music to you.

However, there's also a great wealth of independent blogs and sites using Spotify to collect their latest favourites in playlist form, which act as equally good resources to find new music tailored to your tastes.

Here's a few of my favourites that I'd like to share. I have a playlist folder for all of these, and I'd encourage you to follow any relevant ones to you and do the same.

Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 08.52.28.png

The Line of Best Fit

The 'New Music Discovery' playlist does what it says on the tin. Updated weekly by one of the UK's most respected independent blogs.

spotify:user:thelineofbestfit:playlist:5359l8Co8qztllR0Mxk4Zv:small

DIY

Another reputable British site, that splits their finds into a couple of quality playlists.

'Essential New Tracks' always contains 100 tracks of new Indie, Rock, and Alternative stuff.

spotify:user:diymag:playlist:3ofSbd8nqlIs5E0QxPudLC:small

Nope, not an entire playlist of the German kraurockers' back catalogue. But 'Neu Discoveries' is the name given to their feature dedicated to showcasing brand new up-and-coming music.

spotify:user:diymag:playlist:29J24iEHulf3BGk7yzwGIH:small

Loud and Quiet

A personal favourite read of mine in print, Loud and Quiet have their finger on the pulse of the best emerging talent. Their main playlist is updated every week.

spotify:user:loudandquiet:playlist:26MzIeUeoTmeax9zeydl5v:small

The Quietus

My favourite independent music site doesn't do regular playlists, but their annual rundowns always last me right through December until the following November. 

spotify:user:thequietus:playlist:3Ap17oqFJ1fwCGSkQd9fbU:small

Gorilla vs Bear

Here's another great annual playlist from another great blog. They add into it throughout the year.

spotify:user:therealgorillavsbear:playlist:6gsuuOM6lSq6JnDLHO20hl:small

Nialler 9

Nialler 9 have a weekly playlist, but their 'Best New Music' mix is also updated often with fresh tunes to those with indie tastebuds.

spotify:user:nialler9:playlist:0sLxjSNzBJUn1iIxT1575E:small

The Wire

This print publication actually don't actually have an official Spotify presence, but their faithful readership always curate their annual rundowns into neat playlist form. One for the really out-there listeners, who want something a bit challenging at times.

spotify:user:1121836615:playlist:01ecvRPrP2kdqHzxhaKqCl:small

Disco Naïveté

Not just a sick blog name, but a cracking New Music playlist that highlights things with a sweeter, poppier angle. Worth dancing to!

spotify:user:1161249553:playlist:4c6G93bHqsUbwqlqRDND9k:small

If you have any other honourable mentions of your favourite blogs or publications who also use Spotify to make playlists, throw your contributions below!

3 Replies

Re: Other places to discover new music on Spotify

Rock Star 6
Rock Star 6

WOW! i didnt even know that! Cant wait to diversify my music selection once more!!!

Keanu_C

If this is a good answer please give it a Like.

If this solves your problem please mark it as Solved.

Keanu_CRock Star 6
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Rock Star 13
Rock Star 13

Didn't know such publications do exist. Thanks for sharing!

If I discover them, I'm sure I will share them here.

rossi1911Rock Star 13
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

BenitoKCM
Roadie

Thank you very much!!!!!

SUGGESTED POSTS