Parcels - Lightenup

Parcels - Lightenup

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15

I sometimes feel like there are tracks or albums often overlooked or just missed.

Parcels are an Australin band, George Harrison looking bunch of super talented band memebers who in my view trying to relive the 70-80's funk, groove, disco vibe.

Adding the 2nd track on their self titeld first studio album out at the end of last year for your own observation

https://open.spotify.com/track/1qtiESAzfGMw3YqJvI97ki?si=Vb5Pc9vPTCqRrcwmUaOmUQ

OneByBooRock Star 15
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
4 Replies

Re: Parcels - Lightenup

Rock Star 18
Rock Star 18

I think I am going to be disappointing, but Parcels is something very "pale' and "soft" as if you were putting 10 pieces of sugar in a small cup of coffee.

There is no taste and no strenght at all on this record. I use to call that a marshmallow record.

Here is what I was writing in 2017, when their single produced by Daft Punk has been released.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Music-Chat/Daft-Punk-Creativity-lost/m-p/1718560#M50423

When the album went out in 2018, there was in France a big campaign from a music specialized magazine to try to push them up with absolutly none result.

So to make it short, in my opinion, this band can stay unknown. Nobody will lose anything.

twitter.com/soundofus

www.soundofus.com

SoundofusRock Star 18

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15

Hey @Soundofus,

Thanks for sharing your opinion !

The biggest and greatest thing of having many artist trying to furfill their own interpatation to the music they love is that some will like it and some will absolutly won't =)

I'm a big fan of this kind of "renewing" the old times groove.

If you have any personal suggestions of similar artist or tracks you feel are doing a better job, i'd love having your recommendations !

Thanks=)

OneByBooRock Star 15

Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21

Hey guys,

I like the band, although I find them a bit too clean and sweet sometimes. I'd also love to know other artists like them. The "Fans Also Like" options doesn't help much.

There's Polo & Pan wich are great as well, but in another way.

BittencourtRock Star 21
Highlighted

Chillingworth
Music Fan

Hey 

Love this band, they have a great sound, love all the vocals and funky guitar grooves, plus this cover is killer. 

https://open.spotify.com/track/103lyApLGa42zPVOlgnnfq?si=oCZUJXTKQg2Q80cNSULKmA

SUGGESTED POSTS