Playlist play count

Highlighted

Playlist play count

SFW
Music Fan

Hi,

I'm pretty sure that this has been covered before but is there a way of finding out if a playlist has been played?  The reason I ask is that I am an artist who gets lots of requests from playlist curators and playlist scammers who "offer" their service to get played.

Some show impressive figures of followers but they could just be offering a "follow for play" service,  which may actullay mean the playlist really doesn't get listened to by the large numbers of followers that they display.  I hope this makes sense!

A playlist play count (even if just available via desktop!) would help to see if it actually getting listened to.

Finally, you are welcome to give my new release a listen.  Imagine Neil Young, Wilco and REM going on a road trip to the American South West.....

https://open.spotify.com/album/0xpQY9Z4xYv2p4KzBdT9ZQ

3 Replies

Re: Playlist play count

om142747
Composer

Hello! Thanks for your question! I would be cautious of the sketchy curators that offer their services for a price and to answer your question, if you sign into Artists for Spotify on the desktop, you can look at the metadata of your songs. On the homepage there would be a live count of how many people are listening to your songs. Also, if you click the catalog looks like this (II/) icon you can go in deph and track your songs and which playlists they are in. It would also categorize your songs based off of popularity (depending on which playlist it is in could tell you which ones are doing better). However, there is no real way ( I think) to track if  playlist has been played unless you yourself are the curator. You could try a free third party website like chartmetrics that displays analytics of spotify curators and song popularity to see how a particular playlist is doing. I hope these helped!

om142747
Composer

Also, your song Whisper to the Wind is really good!! 

SFW
Music Fan

Thanks for the reply. I think I’ll look into the chart metrics as I’m cautious about them all! Thanks for the listen - it helps! 

SUGGESTED POSTS