Playlists Vs Save To Your Music.

Playlists Vs Save To Your Music.

GrahamHorgan
Roadie

Hi there.

Please stick with me for a minute. :) This issue I have may sound silly. But if you`re a perfectionist, you`ll understand best. If I find a song I like, I`ll add it to a playlist. I don`t ever save a song to "My Music". For example. Generally the songs I find are one hit wonders. So if I save that song to my music, then view it under "Älbums". It looks lame with just one song in its album. (I know, it`s silly!)

So you can imagine if I done this for all the one hit wonders I liked. Its would look so messy. I`ve tried it once and had to delete them from my music again. So this leaves me with two options. Option A. I save only full albums with one song I really like on it and believing  that the rest of the album has the same types of songs that I would end up liking. Option B. Well option B I just don`t save any music to my library so I won`t have to worry about them be perfect. So I was wanting to know. Do you save one hit wonders to your music. Or what way do you organise your music? 

Thank you for your time.

18 Replies

Re: Playlists Vs Save To Your Music.

AngeloTan
Music Fan
Nice topic to start! 👍 For me, Save To Your Music serves as a temporary storage for songs I would later classify under a specific playlist. Easy feature to use for when I'm on-the-go!

kileyoto
Music Fan

My Music, it's so easy to just check a song to add to what is essentially a favorites list. Nice to come back to and just hit random, I know I'm gonna like all the music. (I put it there after all). Playlists, most of my playlists of late are coming from Discover Weekly. I check it out on Mondays, until I get to someone that really catches me at the time, then I'll look more into them, bio, related artists, listen to a few more songs, etc. If I'm still really likin' em, I'll make a playlist, usually of all their albums. The benefit of this is, I'll also discover a bunch of "deep cuts", I may not have otherwise. As far as organizing playlists, I'm waiting and hoping for an easier way, such as sort by name.

crematedman
Community Legend

harunugu

I normally save to my music when I can decide which playlist I want that song to be in :)

Dfsoto
Roadie
I save to my music just because Spotify makes it so easy with the plus icon. Then I clean it up when I get time. I will listen to the song then the whole album. Then I decide to keep or remove from the library.
Highlighted

Cueball
Casual Listener
I'm totally with you on this. I like to tap the plus icon to save that particular track. Then it creates an album with one song in it. Why? If I wanted an album, then I would put one in there. Why doesn't just put it in a automated playlist called favourites? This is one of the reasons I am seriously thinking of using Deezer instead. You can like your track, and it won't create an album with one song in it. It just goes into favourites. Liking Deezer at the moment. I will decide which one to use when the trial of Deezer finishes.

Dfsoto
Roadie
If you play your songs in the library that equates to playing your favorites in Deezer. Just avoid the albums and you'll be ok. Hope this helps.

Cueball
Casual Listener
Thanks for your answer. It's a shame that Spotify does this. The Deezer app will save the tracks you like without creating an album. I wonder why Spotify does this.

cryptic_curls
Casual Listener

I've only just started using spottify so at the moment I'm not adding any to my library (don't know whether I'll live to regret this) but just add my favourites (lots of old stuff from my youth) to playlists. I do them by decade (60s, 70s etc) as well as genre (soppy, singer songwriter, American road trip, classical, world etc). Works for me!

SUGGESTED POSTS