Playlists Vs Save To Your Music.

Re: Playlists Vs Save To Your Music.

crowdiegal
Roadie

I add the song to my music and then put it in a playlist especially given I tend to like to hit random on My Music and play whatever is in there. I also tend to forget that I want to put a song in a playlist until later so My Music comes in handy for me anyway

Rock Star 13
Rock Star 13
I always save to My Music. I make playlist whenever a friend or someone asks me to share my favorite songs.
rossi1911Rock Star 13
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

cryptic_curls
Casual Listener
Good idea - I do like shuffling music.

bradg43
Roadie

I mostly jsut make playlist, a lot of which are private because some of them are just all over the place!

I never listen to "My Music", i just listen to the playlists I made. The only way I can see that saving songs to your library would be of any use is maybe spotify can recommend better songs for your taste. I only save songs from my favorite bands. I have a "stuff to listen to later" playlist so if a hear a song i like i can find it again but its not in my library.

I also use spotify on my phone a lot and I think playlists are the smoothest on mobile so that's another reason I just build playlists.

spotify:user:bradg43

ElectroChill
Regular

You can make a playlist called "Pending" (I call mine Routine).
Here I put all songs I listen which I can't easily categorize. 
I enjoy having my playlists for classified per genre.
From time to time I listen to my "Routine" playlist, each song of the playlist that gets categorized in another genre playlist gets deleted from the "Routine" Playlist

Highlighted

cryptic_curls
Casual Listener
Good idea

modern_monkey

I don't use My Music as often as my playlist and other curated playlists by my favourite musicians, 90% of the time I go to My Music because I want to listen to an entire album and the remaining 10% is probably some cleaning after accidentally clicked "+" button or when I add songs fast (especially when I was driving I use Shazam or found a favourite track from another playlist). 

Today I used IFTTT to create an Applet just to add my song to my usual playlist when I clicked the "+" button. Do check out https://ifttt.com/applets/65262229d-add-to-my-playlist-when-i-added-a-song-to-my-music if anyone is interested. The only drawback of using this is that I can't remove songs from My Music once it's added, I still have to remove the songs manually.

MadmanOnWheels
Roadie

Hey, this may serve as a solution for you, if it gets implemented. Your vote, along with sharing, would help.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Your-Music-Keep-saved-Singles-and-saved-Albums-separate/...

Riversands
Regular

It depends. I save the track if im interested in that album yet it is still to grow on me. In that case I save it because im afraid i will forget the title and decide i am going to do with it later

I also put certain music in my playlist, but usually for my workout exclusive playlist. In this case, not all music that I save are perfect for my workout. The ones that are will be put in that playlist

SUGGESTED POSTS