Playlists Vs Save To Your Music.

Highlighted

Re: Playlists Vs Save To Your Music.

Roadie

I add the song to my music and then put it in a playlist especially given I tend to like to hit random on My Music and play whatever is in there. I also tend to forget that I want to put a song in a playlist until later so My Music comes in handy for me anyway

Highlighted

Community Legend
I always save to My Music. I make playlist whenever a friend or someone asks me to share my favorite songs.

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Good idea - I do like shuffling music.
Highlighted

Roadie

I mostly jsut make playlist, a lot of which are private because some of them are just all over the place!

I never listen to "My Music", i just listen to the playlists I made. The only way I can see that saving songs to your library would be of any use is maybe spotify can recommend better songs for your taste. I only save songs from my favorite bands. I have a "stuff to listen to later" playlist so if a hear a song i like i can find it again but its not in my library.

I also use spotify on my phone a lot and I think playlists are the smoothest on mobile so that's another reason I just build playlists.

spotify:user:bradg43

Highlighted

Regular

You can make a playlist called "Pending" (I call mine Routine).
Here I put all songs I listen which I can't easily categorize. 
I enjoy having my playlists for classified per genre.
From time to time I listen to my "Routine" playlist, each song of the playlist that gets categorized in another genre playlist gets deleted from the "Routine" Playlist

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Good idea
Highlighted

I don't use My Music as often as my playlist and other curated playlists by my favourite musicians, 90% of the time I go to My Music because I want to listen to an entire album and the remaining 10% is probably some cleaning after accidentally clicked "+" button or when I add songs fast (especially when I was driving I use Shazam or found a favourite track from another playlist). 

Today I used IFTTT to create an Applet just to add my song to my usual playlist when I clicked the "+" button. Do check out https://ifttt.com/applets/65262229d-add-to-my-playlist-when-i-added-a-song-to-my-music if anyone is interested. The only drawback of using this is that I can't remove songs from My Music once it's added, I still have to remove the songs manually.

Highlighted

Roadie

Hey, this may serve as a solution for you, if it gets implemented. Your vote, along with sharing, would help.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Your-Music-Keep-saved-Singles-and-saved-Albums-separate/...

Highlighted

Regular

It depends. I save the track if im interested in that album yet it is still to grow on me. In that case I save it because im afraid i will forget the title and decide i am going to do with it later

I also put certain music in my playlist, but usually for my workout exclusive playlist. In this case, not all music that I save are perfect for my workout. The ones that are will be put in that playlist

SUGGESTED POSTS