Please Remove Rolf Harris from Spotify

Please Remove Rolf Harris from Spotify

Frank-Reynolds
Casual Listener

Hi just joined here...

Was listening to Iko Iko...While reading the lyrics..(or possible translations of the lyrics!)..."It's good in the rear?!"....

Natsha England version finishes....ROLF HARRIS version starts...WTF!

How is this evil b******'s drivel allowed on Spotify?

What i also want to know is...by me playing a snippet of his version does he get a royalty for that? If so...

Can I get my £0.00001 back in protest?

Cheers

6 Replies

Re: Please Remove Rolf Harris from Spotify

kbrooksc
Community Legend

Hi there @Frank-Reynolds ,

When you sign up for Spotify, you have to agree to terms and say that you are of adult age in your country. Unfortunately, certain explicit songs are part of other playlists. Keep in mind, you can always downvote a song on the radio portion or skip it from a playlist. 

Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

user-removed
Not applicable

There is absolutely no reason to be rude about any kind of music being added to well a music service, just do not add the song to any of your playlists, or if your using the radio use the thumbs down feature, how hard is that to do?

No one in their right minds who is using a music streaming service wants Spotify trying to "police" what content to add or not to add. If the music can be made available it should be available and Spotify should act accordingly if for some reason there are legal restrictions in certain listening regions, which they usually comply anyway.

Frank-Reynolds
Casual Listener

Holmes, you're so missing the point of my argument.

Rolf Harris is a convicted paedo. I don't ever want to hear the c**** voice ever again. Inadvertently, I might have contributed to his coffers by simply letting my spotify play on randomise once i had searched for a song title.

Nuff said

bzite
Roadie

"On 29 August 2013, Harris was charged with six counts of indecent assault relating to a girl aged between 15 and 16 from 1980 to 1981, and three counts of indecent assault relating to a girl aged 14 in 1986.[8][9][10] He denied any wrongdoing, and his trial began on 6 May 2014.[11] On 30 June 2014, Harris was found guilty on twelve charges of indecent assault between 1969 and 1986, on four victims aged between 8 and 19 at the time, and was sentenced to a total of five years and nine months in prison.[1] In July 2014, he was imprisoned in HM Prison Bullingdon.[12] Following his conviction, Harris was stripped of many of the honours which he had been awarded during his career.[13]"

wikpedia

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

This is my final post on this here, there are all kinds of musicians and artists who do horrible unforgivable things, so all there music should be removed to or is it done by a pick and choose method? Their are artists who committed murder should all their music be removed as well? Some Countries have harsh drug sentencing laws should all their music be removed as well for a legal conviction? Their are artists who have done rather bizarre insane things, ever hear of Phil Spector, should all the music he ever had a hand in should it be removed? Ever hear of the band the Scorpions? They had a controversial cover art issue in their past on the album release of Virgin Killers, should all their music be removed based on current decency laws banning such artwork now in some Countries as a way to get back at them?

Artists do disgusting things that deserve two bullets in the head but I still do not want a music service picking and choosing what can and what cannot be added based on morality or decency. It is music and as music is also just as much of an art form sometimes art is offensive, the world and some people in it are offensive and disgusting and or sick in the head, get used to it is not going away anytime soon. No one and I mean no one has the market cornered on morality or decency in this world. If I want censorship I have enough common sense to do it myself, I do not want it dictated to me and I will leave faster than anything from whatever does this.

As a person I despise and am disgusted by the movie director and producer Roman Polanski for his cowardly run from justice for his actions long ago in his past, but I still enjoy his movies he puts out and watch them. I can still enjoy music and art despite what that individual may or may not have done. I do not wear my emotions on my sleeve that easily. Does not the world have enough going on without people gut reacting to every horrible thing someone else does, you are not in control of the world sorry to say and neither am I. The disgusting sicko has no relevance anymore, he has lost all creditability and I would think most Western Countries have laws preventing him from profiting in anyway from what he has done.

It is simple avoid the music he has had a hand in if it means that much to you.

gareth8
Roadie

↑ *Applauds*

SUGGESTED POSTS