Privately owned playlist being removed from featured playlist

Highlighted

Privately owned playlist being removed from featured playlist

xDh20
Music Fan

Let me rephrase for those who don't understand. Recently, Spotify issued a patch that removed ALL privately owned playlist from their front page "featured playlist". 

(Privately owned = users)     (Featured playlist = company owned)
If you have a privately owned playlist, before the patch it will be under "Genre & Moods" on the front page of Spotify of any desktop/laptop for PC windows.

Capture.PNG

Now, if you click any of the choices your playlist could possibly be listed under one of them. There's a lot. For this example, I'm going to use "party" because that was where my playlist was before their patch.

Capture1.PNG

You can click on any of the links and you can see that it is all spotify owned.
Capture2.PNG

I provided a few examples for our convinence sake. 
Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNGCapture5.PNG

What I'm trying to do is bring up the issue is that it is unfair of spotify to forget the users who created spotify as unique in it's playlist feature. The power of the users to choose which playlist suits their taste and not any standardized playlist. 

Before my playlist would have been featured there along with others, ranked by the follower amounts. I feel like spotify no longer cares for user based playlist. Otherwise, why would they have a playlist that has 500 followers on it rather than a playlist with 130,000 followers?

I can only say based on the facts that Spotify has forgotten it's users. 

6.PNG

P.S. remember how user-UNFRIENDLY it became when they removed search function. That's right, I pointed out your stupid mistakes. I think it will only be a matter of time, until they make another stupid mistake.

17 Replies

Re: Privately owned playlist being removed from featured playlist

jazzyjez
Roadie

I'd noticed. It's depressing to see the way Spotify's going - yet another corporate machine where those who make or listen to music outside what 'they' choose to ram down your throat are marginalized.

You can follow my lovingly curated playlists of music unlikely to feature in official Spotify lists by searching for spotify:user:jazzyjez.

Jazzwhatever
Community Legend

Thanks for pointing this out. It's indeed unfair of Spotify to 'take over' those playlists which were made by the users.

Luckily my playlists aren't popular enough to be featured on the front page ;) 

My Spotify Profile: Jazzwhatever

jazzyjez
Roadie

LOL!

xDh20
Music Fan

yea i follow your playlist. Follow me back if you like

OnBeat
Roadie

Spotify is bleeding money because their business model is complicated to manage. Unfortunately, this means it is really hard for them to focus on what is important - the users. 

It seems to me, that if the company wants to continue to compete in a very saturated market (which they are currently a leader), they need to improve their interactivity. This means things like letting users find playlists and providing a more sophisticated forum for discussion. 

I hope it happens - I am rooting for Spotify to kickass and take names but you are totally right to point out the fact that they are currently "selling out" in order to keep the licenses to the most popular music. 

yeomandroid
Casual Listener

Okay, I am OVER it SPOTIFY!! WHAT is going on? I've been a premium member for several years and I'm extremely annoyed at my playlist being modified or removed - the playlist is private! Why do you feel the need to mess with that? I'm seriously thinking about canceling my account.

yeomandroid
Casual Listener

This is my first time ever posting in these forums, because I never thought I would need to find out what is going on with my Spotify premium account. I am so angry right now because my playlists which are private are all messed up, I can't find anything. I'm absolutely angry being a customer and promoting the brand for over 4 or 5 years - absolutely angry that they could be so assinine.

jazzyjez
Roadie

This sounds even worse than I thought - can you explain what's happened exactly?

yeomandroid
Casual Listener
My Playlist I created last week is all jacked up. In fact, I can't even
find the songs when I search for them.

SUGGESTED POSTS