Progressive Rock Bands

Highlighted

Re: Progressive Rock Bands

Gig Goer
I live for prog rock too, best genre ever! I love the classis ones such as Yes, ELP, King Crimson, Pink Floyd, Camel, Jethro Tull, Genesis and many more! The most recent ones: Porcupine Tree, Opeth, Riverside, Anathema, RPWL, Ayreon... and for sure the best current one for me is Steven Wilson, such a genius! Nice to be in touch with prog people. Cheers!
Highlighted

Roadie

I got into progressive rock in the early 80's, starting with Asia, then branching out to bands Asia members had been in and other related bands. Bands I like include Yes, Renaissance, U.K., Rush, Genesis, King Crimson, and Emerson, Lake & Palmer. I also listen to several more obscure ones from time to time.

I recently made a couple huge progressive rock playlists that you may find helpful for finding more progressive rock. They group whole albums together, and I use them by putting them on shuffle. Since the playlists, as posted here, are capping out at 200, I have edited this to also include playlist links.

This first one focuses on covers of progressive rock songs that were originally played by some of the classic artists I mentioned above. This is useful for finding newer progressive rock artists you may also like.

https://open.spotify.com/user/128759556/playlist/27dCqs3LSa1BdFKN1XcHbZ

spotify:user:128759556:playlist:27dCqs3LSa1BdFKN1XcHbZ

My second one focuses on what members of Yes have done outside of Yes. This sometimes includes other bands they were in or collaborations with artists who were not in Yes.

https://open.spotify.com/user/128759556/playlist/5eKM0UoZe8LH68xsRte4G3

spotify:user:128759556:playlist:5eKM0UoZe8LH68xsRte4G3

Music Fan

Hello!

I really like Can, Coheed and Cambria, Genesis, Opeth, Dream Theater, and some of Rush's / Marillion

Highlighted

Roadie

I agree, old school is the best!

King Crimson, Genesis, Yes, ELP, Pink Floyd, Rush, Jethro Tull, Kansas, Marillion, Renaissance , Gentle Giant, Van der Graaf Generator, Camel, Alan Parsons Project, Asia.

These are some of the progressive rock bands I listen to.

Enjoy!

Highlighted

Regular
I found this band from Costa Rica, Mgapie Jay. Quite progressive, english sung.
Highlighted

Regular

All great bands! To be original may i suggest one out of the scheme? this is the band of one of the greatest videogame music composer Nobuo Uematsu  and they play a good progressive rock 'n' metal---> the Black Mages, unfortunately i can't find them on spotify..... here the link on wiki https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Black_Mages

Matteo Musolino
Highlighted

Music Fan

When Genesis released the R-Kive set a couple of years ago I thought it was a great idea, but was dissapointed with the watered-down result. So... here is R-Kive proper with what is available on Spotify. (Gabriel and Lamb missing...ouch.)

spotify:user:jbostic:playlist:6Jegx1J6PBVOVazz7wW3CO

genesis.jpg
Highlighted

Music Fan

Classic prog from Yes and solo projects 1971-80.

spotify:user:jbostic:playlist:4JC90IH3h4nfj2VnvS7liN

yes.jpg
Highlighted

Music Fan

A work in progress playlist of classic prog:

spotify:user:jbostic:playlist:5MJGCgi6wr5n6qS5yF3vUJ

prog rock.jpg
SUGGESTED POSTS