Quality or Quantity ?

Highlighted

Quality or Quantity ?

Rock Star 18
Rock Star 18

When it comes to New Music...

A - Are you selective ? Do you take time to listen everything before adding it to a playlist ? Do you reject songs ?

B - Do you systematically add songs to a playlist, just because it's new, without really listen ?

C - Do you follow systematically all the advices of specialized Music sites or Magazines ?

twitter.com/soundofus

www.soundofus.com

SoundofusRock Star 18
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
2 Replies

Re: Quality or Quantity ?

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

You did it better than I would have done :)

Anyway...

a) I am very selective. I don't come across a lot of songs I would add to my playlist after first listen. I'm lucky if I find 1 or 2 of such songs per month.
I save (tag) interesting songs first for relistening and analysing purposes and if I do like what I hear, I forward it to one of my playlists and untick from saved music. If I don't, I just untick.
I used to remove songs from my playlists when I bought an album containing them - I would listen to them locally in .wav format. I don't remove anymore, but I still buy.

b) I don't care when the song was released. If I really like the song, I will add. Otherwise.. nah. I don't keep any playlists based on release dates. My discography playlists are sorted by release date though.

c) That's the problem I have - I somewhat repulse content that is advertised a lot. It's a weird thing and it probably sprouted from me being thoroughly disappointed in lots of suggestions. So, to save me from disappointment, I simply don't listen to any advice anymore.

Well, if it's a friend whose music taste I trust, I might check their suggestions out. Also, if I see someone swooning over a song or an album, I will check that out. :) But I don't follow any must-listen recommendations.

SebastyRock Star 16

Re: Quality or Quantity ?

Rock Star 9
Rock Star 9

Well it depends.

Sometimes if I enjoy a song by an artist I literally just go to their profile and hit save in the top tracks before even listening to them.

When I want to find new songs sometimes I just go to my friends' playlist and hit save if I enjoy at least 10s of a song xD

BruneliciaRock Star 9
SUGGESTED POSTS