Quiet Storm Fans: Here's are 4 playlists. Feel free to post yours

Quiet Storm Fans: Here's are 4 playlists. Feel free to post yours

asawadude
Casual Listener

Much to my dismay, the Quiet Storm genre seems to be fading into oblivion.  That is the case, here in the city of Los Angeles.  Our one remaining Quiet Storm radio station has slowly sold out to commercialized and homogenized music.  Instead of listening to the sweet sounds of The Brand New Heavies, Sade, Marvin Gaye, Erykah Badu, Steely Dan, and Spyro Gyra, we now get constant bombardment of top 40 pop hits like Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines", Pharrell's "Happy", Katy Perry's "Roar", and Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off."   

Thankfully there's Spotify.  Here are 4 playlists for your listening pleasure:

The Perfect Storm:  Down 4 Whatever 

• This is a blend of easy listening slow grind R&B featuring Mary J, Aliyah, TLC, Toni Braxton, Xscape, and many others.

spotify:user:asawadude:playlist:1LU6lYmHUKQfnH1fQ1FSSB

The Perfect Storm:  Flavour Of The Old School

• Easy listening and danceable.  
  • A faster paced blend of R&B and Acid Jazz featuring the Brand New Heavies, Drizabone, Zhane, and many others.  

spotify:user:asawadude:playlist:6sqTagLR9Te2SQqwHkwMJu

The Perfect Storm:  Crunchy Grooves

• If you love to cha cha and the 2 Step, fire this one up .  
  • There is R&B, Acid Jazz, Smooth Jazz, and even jazz influenced Rock here ranging from Santana and War to Sade, Chante Moore, and others.

spotify:user:asawadude:playlist:4IjvL9icfZWXq8ojQgpPlE

The Perfect Storm:  State of Yo

• This is hip hop for mature audiences.  No 20 inch bass woofers needed.  Can be played at an ear drum saving low volume level.   Lyrically safe enough to be played in the office.
  • Features Erykah Badu, Mos Def, Jill Scott, the Black Eyed Peas, and a bunch of others.

spotify:user:asawadude:playlist:73yL131Tw5l0Yke8e2I2cg

If you love the genres presented here, then perhaps these playlists will provide you many hours of entertainment.  If you like these playlists, then feel free to follow the lists.  

All lists are works in progress, so they may change from time to time as I discover new music.  I have another 50+ Ipod playlists that I'm converting over, so I will publish more lists in time.  

Enjoy and thanks for the read.   RIP Quiet Storm, Long Live the Perfect Storm.

SUGGESTED POSTS