R.I.P Prince

Highlighted

R.I.P Prince

Rock Star 19
Rock Star 19

The kind of news we don't want hear anymore this year.

SoundofusRock Star 19
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
8 Replies
Highlighted

Re: R.I.P Prince

Community Legend

Couldn't agree more @Soundofus. R.I.P Prince.

Highlighted

Community Legend
Such a rough year. Put together a playlist of artists that have been influenced by Prince. Pretty much EVERYONE. :( https://open.spotify.com/user/musicologynyc/playlist/5D4YQjcPHhuqd8WQO0CxQn
Highlighted

Rock Star 19
Rock Star 19

He was an incredible guitarist. I had the luck to see him on stage in Paris almost 2 years ago and I keep in mind a genius performer, singer and musician.

SoundofusRock Star 19
Highlighted

Community Legend
I saw him at City Winery in NYC. It was a Tuesday night around 11PM and I was getting in bed for the evening when an email popped in my inbox saying Prince would be putting on a surprise show at midnight. I hopped in a car and was there by 11:45. He didn't come on till 2AM but the next day's struggle at work was well worth it. Anyone who has ever been there knows that someone like Prince should not be playing such a small venue. So amazing,
Highlighted

Spotify
Spotify

A great tribute to one of his great performances:

Highlighted

Music Fan
So sad! And Prince's entire catalog of music has been removed from Spotify! But he wrote a lot of songs for other artists--at least we can still listen to those: https://open.spotify.com/user/ursongbird/playlist/4Gkg41a1Pua7dHdJjvbW9K
Highlighted

Where's all the prince music! I only see but a few songs on spotify 😞

Highlighted

Rock Star 19
Rock Star 19

Hello @Jodi2 and welcome to the community

Unfortunately, less than a year ago, Prince's publisher asked to Spotify to remove all his catalog from the streaming service.

Availability of music on Spotify is up to the artists (or representatives) and / or their labels. Music missing can be a decision of one of them.

Spotify wants all the music in the world to stream and works hard daily to try to convince artists and labels to let all their catalog in streaming. Unfortunately, sometimes an agreement can't be found.

SoundofusRock Star 19
SUGGESTED POSTS