Announcements

RIP Rosie Hamlin (Rosie & the Originals)

Highlighted

RIP Rosie Hamlin (Rosie & the Originals)

Community Legend

Angel Baby.jpg

Rosie Hamlin, lead singer of Rosie & the Originals, passed away in her sleep Thursday. Rosie & the Originals recorded one of the greatest, most distinctive hits of the early '60s — "Angel Baby." The song was a favorite of John Lennon, Linda Ronstadt and members of Led Zeppelin (I'm guessing Robert Plant, who loves early '60s female R&B singers). Not only does Hamlin give a gorgeous vocal performance, the record starts with an unforgettable guitar lick that sounds like it's coming in from another dimension.

spotify:track:7dgeT5sDd0yTimBqtE4fl7

Spotify has "Angel Baby" and five other tracks. But if you want to do the digging, check out "Give Me Love," the B-side of "Angel Baby" and another Lennon favorite, as well as their version of "You're No Good," better known as a Ronstadt hit. If you're into oldies, you won't be disappointed.

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: RIP Rosie Hamlin (Rosie & the Originals)

Community Legend

Thank you for introducing me to Rosie Hamlin. I have never heard of her before. The song is a very nice 12/8-ballad. The guitar-lick in the beginning is interesting indeed. Hard to decide, if the "another dimension"-vibrato was played with the Whammy bar (Fender Strat maybe) or with a Vibrato-effect. Rosie had not one follower on Spotify, so I followed her as a tribute.

SUGGESTED POSTS