Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

Record Store Day 2017

Record Store Day 2017

Spotify
Spotify

This year record store day will be on April 22nd--are you all planning on going to your local record store to buy some vinyl?

Personally, I love this day. When I lived in London I would queue to get into Rough Trade East and had a great time watching the live bands. The last time I was there they had Caribou playing in the back. 

This reddit thread has a list of the releases for the day:

https://www.reddit.com/r/vinyl/comments/5ubo8r/record_store_day_2017_release_news_please_no_rsd/

Post with a recommended shop for your hometown. In Stockholm I'll be going to:

Pet Sounds Records.The day thought I fly to South Carolina, USA so I'll be hunting for a good shop in Charleston, SC. 

5 Replies

Re: Record Store Day 2017

Roadie

In Newport News, VA. area Fantasy is an awesome shop with a large selection of albums as well as tshirts, posters, etc.  

Community Legend

@meahtenoha beautiful idea! nothing quite like the sound of pressed music ^_^

I'd be picking up that kasabian record!

My local store is Tommy Gun Records.

Regular

Ah! I am late to this. But I am originally from Florence, SC. Now I live in Seattle, WA - if you are ever in Seattle. I would recommend visitiing Bop Street Records or Sonic Boom Records... they are both in Ballard and right across the street from each other. Each has something different to offer 🙂 

Spotify
Spotify

Always nice to see a fellow South Carolinian in the boards @TylerEdwards! I come from Columbia, SC myself 🙂 I would have no idea where to start shopping for vinyl in Cola now though. 

Regular

Really!? Ah man, I grew up in Florence, SC before moving out west! I'll do some research for ya in Columbia for cool stores! 

SUGGESTED POSTS