Release dates between countries

Release dates between countries

k_dither
Roadie

Does anyone know how to find release dates for music in different countries? kind of want to listen to new Mockingjay soundtrack (kiwi proud :-D) through spotify as its showing up in my New Releases, but when i click on it, none of the songs are available to listen to in my region - Australia.

Am really frustrated with geo-blocking and realise its the recording companies working on antiquated business models so I cant bag spotify, but is equally frustrating that its showing up and greyed out.

any help or knowledge appreciated

Cheers

3 Replies

Re: Release dates between countries

Carina
Community Legend

Hey there,

can't say something about release dates in general (as they are completely related to a certain release), but for the Mockingjay soundtrack I've found this on wikipedia:

The soundtrack was released on the Australian and New Zealand iTunes store on November 14th and was released worldwide through Republic Records on November 17, 2014.[10][11] on October 21, 2014, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 soundtrack was revealed.

Which means the label/legal owner doesn't want it to be available (in Australia) on Spotify (yet?). I'd wait a little longer or directly write the label an email and ask about that.

Peter__
Community Legend
With a bit of practise, you can pull the country availability for an album/artist from the web api:
https://developer.spotify.com/web-api/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Highlighted

k_dither
Roadie

hey, 

@carina thanks, never thought to just jump on wikipedia and have a look - ill remember to go there first in future haha
youtube it is for the time being :)

@peter that looks interesting, ill have to check it out -thanks!

cheers
Euan

SUGGESTED POSTS