Announcements

Repeat lists

Highlighted

Repeat lists

Roadie
Has anybody had repeat songs in their discover weekly lists have I not been listening to enough music to change lists it's only been a couple of songs that are the same and it has happened only once so far
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Repeat lists

Roadie

From my experience, it seems like the artists you follow greatly influence your Discover Weekly list - possibly as much if not more than what you actually listen to. I don't have technical knowledge that gives me a certainty in this, but I've been fanatically following all the artists I enjoy (nearly 2000 now and I'm far from done) and my Discover Weekly list never repeats and manages quite effectively to surprise me every time. This has also vastly improved my Release Radar, which is quite acurate in suggesting the artists I enjoy as soon as there's new stuff available.

Now, I'll grant you that there's probably something crazy about following 2000 artists. But from what I saw in my own use and friends, once you hit a few hundreds, things improve vastly in the automated lists.

Highlighted

Roadie
does listening to the daily mixes affect the discover weekly too
Highlighted

Roadie

Sorry, this is beyond my limited knowledge. I do know that my daily mixes have seemed to evolve more by what I actually listened to rather than what I follow, but this is subjective at best. Possibly my playlists also made a difference because over time, I noticed songs that appeared in my mixes that I had included in some playlists but had not actually listened to.

SUGGESTED POSTS