Robert Cray Album Released Today, 8/28/12 -- Why not on Spotify?

Solved!

Robert Cray Album Released Today, 8/28/12 -- Why not on Spotify?

BluesGuitar

Can't say that I'm super familiar with the arcane intricacies of licensing and the consumer music industry these days -- but I've been waiting for weeks for today's release of Robert Cray's new album "Nothin' but Love."  I understand that it was released today on i-Tunes & Amazon.com.  How come Spotify doesn't have it?  Anyone from Spotify care to comment?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Robert Cray Album Released Today, 8/28/12 -- Why not on Spotify?

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

I'm in the USA and the album is aviable for me.

Robert Cray – Nothin But Love (click link)

If you click the link and it says it's not available it could be because:

Not every album or song is available on Spotify. Some artists and music labels choose not to release to Spotify.

The only thing Spotify does is upload the music that is sent to them. You can find out why some songs/artists are not on Spotify over here.

Some music labels only release to certain countries while blocking the release from the rest.

It's all about who owns the rights to the music and where they want it released to.

Music would be better if labels didn't block their releases from certain countries, but sadly this is how the music business works.

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
2 Replies

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

I'm in the USA and the album is aviable for me.

Robert Cray – Nothin But Love (click link)

If you click the link and it says it's not available it could be because:

Not every album or song is available on Spotify. Some artists and music labels choose not to release to Spotify.

The only thing Spotify does is upload the music that is sent to them. You can find out why some songs/artists are not on Spotify over here.

Some music labels only release to certain countries while blocking the release from the rest.

It's all about who owns the rights to the music and where they want it released to.

Music would be better if labels didn't block their releases from certain countries, but sadly this is how the music business works.

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

simonp

It is - under Robert Cray not The Robert Cray Band.

This is but one example of the need for the music database to be cleared up - for other examples look at the entries for Squeeze or Rainbow

SUGGESTED POSTS