[Rock] What Are You Listening To?

Re: [Rock] What Are You Listening To?

Abesavage
Music Fan

I heard a lot of rock styles, this its my playlist, its has a little of all styles, from the bettles,marilyn manson, megadeth, acdc, led zeppelin, black sabbath... etc.. go listen!

https://open.spotify.com/user/abesavage10/playlist/1ltqlud8Xj0j07UHrRdLH8

"For those about to rock!"

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15

spotify:track:1SZoPX6yKcuejHQ49DtDxr

spotify:track:180Yr3GLZKT5tlGEoZBQZa

One of my favorites songs:

spotify:track:5lFC4WmcTTxqui4oPABeP9

OviiiOneRock Star 15
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

ramaandrianto
Music Fan

user-removed
Not applicable

Artist: Pixies
Release: Head Carrier
Year: New September 30th, 2016
Labels: Pixiesmusic, PIAS
Style of Music: Alternative/ Indie/ Pop Rock 
Origins: Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.

The bands first full length release since 1991's Trompe le Monde as Indie Cindy was basically a compilation release of three EP's released between 2013-2014 period of the band, and which said release is also in a deluxe two disc version of a release with live material from a 2014 show.

This release has that wonderful Pixies feel many grew to enjoy during the alternative rock hey days of the 90's, and they do some rather cool stuff on this new release as well. An easy release to get into, the songs are very short time lengths making the 12 track album release a little over the 30 minute mark. This is the first full release with new bass player Paz Lenchantin. Check it out the glorious Pixies.

user-removed
Not applicable

Artist: Temple Of The Dog
Release: Temple Of The Dog (Deluxe Edition)
Year: New September 30th, 2016
Labels: A&M Records
Style of Music: Alternative Rock/ Grunge 
Origins: Seattle, Washington, U.S.

Includes a 25th anniversary remix of the original release, alternate mixes, plus demo track takes, and other studio outtakes.

thatsoalice
Casual Listener

Artist: Banks

Song: Brain

Smittensbh9
Regular

user-removed
Not applicable

Artist: Green Day
Release: Revolution Radio
Year: New October 7th, 2016
Labels: Reprise Records
Style of Music: Alternative Rock/ Punk Rock/ Pop Punk Rock
Origins: East Bay, California, U.S.

Green Day has been doing a few different things with releases musically and Revolution Radio is no different. The album starts out with a track that is cool and mellow, and then builds into a kind of alternative rock throw back sound of the late 90's that fans will recognize. And then the songs start building afterwards into the bands signature Punk/Pop Punk sound familiar to fans, and with a few song directions thrown in for good measure and for a fresh sound direction for the band, such as the alternative mellow rocker number Outlaws that spins the band into a new sound direction than ever before, the album songs then picks up again with Pop Punk / Alternative Rock music direction again. The album finishes off with a rather interesting moody melancholy acoustic number. Give the new release a few spins, Green Day has not had many disappoints in the music department, and Revolution Radio is no disappointment, but the album music direction does draw ideas of the best sounds from Alternative Rock and Punk Rock music influences and blends them together magnificently here. For fans of Alternative Rock / Pop Punk Rock music.

user-removed
Not applicable

Artist: NOFX
Release: First Ditch Effort
Year: New October 7th, 2016
Labels: Far Wreck Chords
Style of Music: Punk Rock / Skate Punk / Ska Punk / Melodic Hardcore / Hardcore Punk
Origins: L.A. California, U.S.

NOFX has had the same lineup since around 1991 and this album is rather good given that this is the bands 13th studio release to date. Not many bands who have been around since the mid 80's, and had a hand in the days of Hardcore Punk and more importantly Skate/Ska Punk Rock have had this much staying power. Although this release does sound like a tad bit in the direction of Pop Punk Rock, well the band did influence that whole scene with a few other Punk bands from these era's as well. Take this release for a few spins, and I think Pop Punk fans might even enjoy this release, and the new release might make them dig a bit deeper into the roots of where it all began.

Alvin_ti4200
Roadie

I agree that the new Green Day album is quite nice (at least half of the songs), but I would say that the new Alter Bridge album called "The Last Hero" is great as well. It's Alt. Rock, not Punk Rock, but who cares if it's good right? :)

spotify:track:18iRB1dGKB7tDfGrjT76ef

SUGGESTED POSTS