Sam Smith's "In the Lonely Hour"

11 people liked this

Sam Smith's "In the Lonely Hour"

evcheng30

I'm a little (scratch that), very disappointed that Sam Smith's new album was not immediately added to Spotify. I'm sure it might come later, but I thought that they would add it right as it came out.

25 Replies
11 people liked this

Re: Sam Smith's "In the Lonely Hour"

ivanskigib

I'm very disappointed too. Paying for the service and not being able to listen to many new albums, especially this one. 

4 people liked this

timsteele985
Music Fan

I'm slighty gutted his album isn't on Spotify either. I imagine it's something to do with his record label because it's their decision whether to have their music on Spotify or not. It might be on in the future though :)

5 people liked this

twcudney

Yeah, I was very upset with this too. I've been waiting for this album for a long time, and to see it not on Spotify when I logged on today really sucked. I hope it comes through to Spotify in the next week or two.

1 person liked this

bethrushing

I am so with you guys...  I was REALLY hoping this album would be posted up first thing yesterday and am very disappointed it wasn't.  Hopefully soon!

1 person liked this

chihuahuazero
Regular

What's even mystifying is that Sam Smith's label didn't even put up the singles beyond "Money On My Mind" and "Lay Me Down". At least with Coldplay and The Black Keys, those two uploaded their latest album's singles, but "Stay with Me" is absent from US Spotify.

I question Sam Smith label's choices here. They don't have much ground to make a ideological argument against Spotify, since Coldplay and The Black Keys are two established bands that can live off their fanbases. Their albums went to #1.  Smith, on the other hand, is an up-and-coming artist being compared to Adele. And his album won't beat Lana Del Rey on the Billboard charts next week.

Maybe someone should do a study on Spotify and see how Spotify affects album sales. My guess is that they improve them, since a listener gains confidence in purchasing it.

2 people liked this

Ke7in10454

This is not good...I don't want to go to iTunes to get my fix on this album. Sadly, I just might have to, Sam Smith is simply too much of a vocal genius to not hear. To me he's the male equivalent of Adele. 

4 people liked this

Bombsaway00

I am more than dissapointed. If you pay for the service, you would expect that such an anticipated album would be on spotify the day it came out. Furthermore, this is not the first album that wasn't available immediately. I suspect (like Rhianna's last album, which my girlfriend was waiting for) it won't be available for weeks, after I've been forced to buy it on itunes.

3 people liked this

cpg716
Casual Listener

Blame the record labels. It is NOT Spotify that decided which Album to carry. They want EVERY album they can get. Some labels with albums they think can move well the first few weeks are holding off, since they only get pennies per stream on Spotify. The music landscape is still evolving, and streaming services like Spotify are growing. With more customers, labels and artists will make MORE money off these services. Right now.. it is NOT much.

1 person liked this

ajdman89
Casual Listener
Really Spotify...? His album dropped on the 17th and it's the 21st now. If Target already has the album, I'm pretty sure you guys would have it out by now too... I'll give you guys a week. If you still don't have it by then, I'm going back to Google Play Music All Access (already had the album available as well).
SUGGESTED POSTS