Saying hi - and hoping to be introduced to more music that can fill this year's soundtrack!

Saying hi - and hoping to be introduced to more music that can fill this year's soundtrack!

SomethingToSay
Music Fan
Hey! A day old newbie here, and this is my first post, so let's see if I can do this right ;) I've shared a playlist that says a little bit about what's been spinning these past years and I hope this community can introduce me to more songs and new artists, even genres. And I hope to get a chance to chat music with other music lovers, and get to know (and follow?) more people on Spotify that shares (at least) some of my music! :) Any thoughts or suggestions? https://open.spotify.com/user/somethingtosay/playlist/3KPp9SuD1zGlrNyeGRQdzN?si=2GHH_OWbR3OhzWOINxsu...
15 Replies

Re: Saying hi - and hoping to be introduced to more music that can fill this year's soundtrack!

musicorumgenius
Roadie

Re: Saying hi - and hoping to be introduced to more music that can fill this year's soundtrack!

SomethingToSay
Music Fan
Thanks for sharing!! I've gone through the songs (very quickly) and I like your suggestions. Do you have a playlist you'd recommend that lists up more of the songs you'd recommend? :)

musicorumgenius
Roadie

I'll put a nice little playlist together for you and you could follow it.  I'll try and keep it short like no more than 25 songs and not a single repeat in a band (unless I feel like it's worth it)  Give me a few min

SomethingToSay
Music Fan

Thanks! I appreciate that! 😉

You also mentioned Facebook groups. Would you recommend one?

musicorumgenius
Roadie

musicorumgenius
Roadie

Please join my Facebook Group about music. I'm trying to grow it!  So invite others!!  

search  "The Music Paradise" in the groups

coverphoto.jpgThis should be the icon

https://www.facebook.com/groups/themusicparadise.official/

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey @SomethingToSay, welcome to the Community! :)

I do see a few artists I like in your playlist, Tom Waits is one! Might actually hit play on that list whilst painting...

I'm more of an electronica kind of music listener, actively looking into other content too.. and getting them stuck in my head
(cue spotify:track:34tFidHrETMAjsiK87WVVW:small)

But looking at your playlists, I feel you might like content posted by @Soundofus, for example the threads for Top 10 Indie songs.

Have a nice day!

SebastyRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

SomethingToSay
Music Fan

Thanks @sebasty! Love the Dear Prudence cover. I've had my share of Siouxsie hang-ups 😉 When it comes the electronica genre I tend to stumble upon a track every now and then that I just have to play again and again! So I have a feeling there's more songs out there that I might like. Appreciate the playlist recommendation! I'm already familiar with @soundofus' playlists. But I haven't listen to the new top 10 lists, so I'll do that. 😉

Thanks again for replying! 😀

SomethingToSay
Music Fan

Thank you @musicorumgenius  for creating and sharing the playlist! I'll listen to it later today!! 🙏😎😀

SUGGESTED POSTS