Seriously Spotify Enough With The Stupid Condom Ads!

Solved!

Seriously Spotify Enough With The Stupid Condom Ads!

buttercupueda

This looks like it's been a trending complaint since the end of July, and I'm not seeing a response from Spotify.

Social Media can change things. Feel free to join my FB group "Seriously Spotify Enough With The Stupid Condom Ads" so that we can change spotify for the better. No one's suggesting listening for free without ads, just the ability to control what ads play. I plan on taking down the group as soon as the ads are gone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Seriously Spotify Enough With The Stupid Condom Ads!

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Spotify has removed these ads now. 

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
10 Replies

user-removed
Not applicable

Hey folks!

Spotify is reviewing all ideas and feedbacks here. however it might take time to implemet things like this.

In the meantime show your love for this by adding Kudos right here.

As soon as Spotify will have news for you, you will be informed.

Thank you for using Spotify.

buttercupueda

@hpguru, I get that. I also know that through my involvement in web ops and social media at my company, things tend to get solved and implemented  MUCH more quickly once they're identified as a significant enough pain point. I'm almost to the point of tweeting "having wine with the parents and we get a condom commerical #spotify" or "10 AM meeting with the VP and a condom commercial #spotify" or "Just had to explain condoms to my 2 year old #spotify"

user-removed
Not applicable

Hey there again.

I reported this issue to Spotify.

However i can't promise anything. I ask for reviewing this right away, but I can't promise that Spotify will frix this in no time.

Thank you.

JoelMay

hpguru, it has been 6 months since that issue has been reported!  I can't imagine why it would take that long to either implement a per-account specific ad-blocking system (or maturatiy level with ratings like PG, R, etc.) or just remove the ad that is causing many users embarasment and the discontinued use of Spotify.

What could possibly be taking that long unless they have no plans of removing the ad?  I've learned their tech support has learned to just ignore any communications about ads.  They are just deleted with no reply.  That's a terrible business practice.  They could at least apologize and say that my feedback isn't being considered.

user-removed
Not applicable

I think Spotify need money from advertisers and they can't just leave advertisers with ads like condom. Because money for Spotify. However I would like to see this implemented, so I posted this to Spotify.

Highlighted

Tremulant

I don't have a problem with ads about sex and alcohol. They are actually two of my favorite things, especially when combined. I do have a problem with bad timing of these ads.

At the least, I could propose a 'safe mode' for things like this. Parental controls if you will, to keep the wrong things out of the wrong eyes/ears. Be it work or kids, it can be a little inapporpriate in certain company.

And please, the other random users that want to drop in and say, "Well then don't listen", spotify wants every person they can get. It's actually YOUR opinion that is irrelevant.

DJ_Zephyr
Music Fan

Seriously, Spotify, think of the children!  And the Christians!  There have to be other, less-offensive brands to advertise for.  And if you're so desperate for the money that you must throw sensibility and discretion to the wind, at least cut us a break and give us a way to keep this garbage out of our ears and off our screens.  Too long have we complained- no more excuses!  Fix Spotify for the better!

psimpson40
We use Spotify at work, which is a rehab facility treating a variety of ages and religious beliefs. Unfortunately, we have to dive for the volume knob every time a condom ad comes on. 1) There's a way to appropriately advertise that stuff w/o being offensive; 2)
Maybe switch ad to late night?

pwag

If they don't listen, why not start a negative social media campaign via twitter, tagging both spotify and durex. I thought there used to be an option to flag ads that weren't pertinent to you.

SUGGESTED POSTS