Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Share A Cover You Love

Share A Cover You Love

Ok, so there are countless covers of incredible songs but I want you to share your favorites. Share as many as you like, and if you have a playlist of covers, share it with the community!

Here are two I really enjoy: 

spotify:track:2Jju8C95blJcGMqtMKETbH

spotify:track:3eawBy2hf5sICESUD22K2X

Follow me
272 Replies

i will literally post a page of covers for you - dedication ❤️

spotify:track:7apw8m9lHQjvuUVfMAm4kZ

spotify:track:0QE2gB4fweJt7kSvF9rqp1

spotify:track:0J9e43QjshiuFc6whszKZS

the best covers provide a way to feed the profile of both artists and shed new light on the beauty of the songwriting ^_^

spotify:track:1hFgcizwknaRmM5JAPzzuY

spotify:track:4DDD2P6dJurAgk3IYWqK3p

spotify:track:239IJFSqoUEL2k8tWzblWm

@RaquelCarv

Personally I am not really a fan of covers and I am quickly bored when the song try to sound like the original, which, most of times, shows a lack of creativity. So, for covers, It's not easy to be original and to find unusual songs.

I prefer what I call "Hijacked Songs". More than covers, it's most of time well known songs reinvented with a different tempo, a different style, or with different arrangements making the songs still recognizable but not a "copycat" of the originals. This way, usually, gives another atmosphere to the listening.

2 years ago I started this playlist called "Hijacked songs". I update it time to time when I find a song fitting the idea.

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This is amazing. Thank you for sharing!

Follow me

Seems like you got a bit excited about this topic hahah. I can see why, there are so many amazing covers by amazing artists. I didn't know some of the ones you shared and I'll be listening to it asap!

Follow me

These are a couple of my favorite covers. They were all sung by Madilyn Bailey. She's actually one of my favorite artists.

@RaquelCarv i may have gone a little overboard

My favorite cover definitely has to be by STRFKR

spotify:track:1OeIusfqe7U10ebvFZdXqm

https://open.spotify.com/track/5XNpdKmlLJPUbwKQceX2tW
In Stevie's cover of Little Wing he just gets so much more out of the guitar.

@RaquelCarv

Here is an old favorite release of mine of cover songs, the original songs were protest political songs from the past, and redone with varied music directions from the original songs origins, which makes them completely different in musical styles and directions.

Wikipedia page about the album release and information on the songs covered: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotive_(album)

Suggested posts