Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Share your 3 from 3 from 1 playlist - Three songs, three albums, one artist

Share your 3 from 3 from 1 playlist - Three songs, three albums, one artist

Take three songs from three albums from one artist.

Please name the playlists "3 from 3 from 1 - (Artist name)" to make them easy to search for on Spotify.

So here´s my first: 3 from 3 from 1 - Frank Zappa

130 Replies

Hello !

Happy New Year, everyone!

The Violent Femmes ( 3 from 3 from 1 )

The Violent Femmes is an American alternative rock band from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
The Violent Femmes have released eight studio albums and fifteen singles during the course of their career. The band found immediate success with the release of their self-titled debut album in early 

Why Do Birds Sing? was released in 1991 after the band signed to Reprise and featured another minor hit, "American Music," which became a concert staple.

Hallowed Ground is the second album by Violent Femmes, released in June 1984. Like the band's first album, the songs were mostly written by singer/guitarist/lyricist Gordon Gano when he was in high school. "Country Death Song", for example, was based on a true story from an 1862 news article about a man who intentionally threw his daughter into a well and then hanged himself in his barn. It was written by Gano during his 10th grade study hall.

The Blind Leading the Naked is the third album by Violent Femmes. It was produced by Jerry Harrison of Talking Heads and released in 1986. The title is a play on the figure of speech, "the blind leading the blind."

Hello !

Setting Sun ( 3 from 3 from 1 )

Setting Sun is a band with a rotating lineup led by frontman and producer Gary Levitt. The first release was aptly titled 'holed up'  and was written and recorded in San Francisco, California.

Driven by simple acoustic guitar lines, graceful string orchestrations, and Levitt's hushed vocals, Setting Sun's songwriting, arrangements and lyrics were called "dramatic and poignant" by NPR.[1] The sound is centered on the song, with poppy hooks and choruses, while mixing synth experimentalism in with its folky, string-band sound. It is tough to characterize the sound of the band as it is crossover between indie-rock, folk and chamber pop music.

Wikipedia

Children of the wild ( 2008 )

Holed up ( 2002 )

Fantasurreal ( 2010 )

Hello !

American Aquarium( 3 from 3 from 1 )

Formed in 2006, the band derived its name from the Wilco song, “I Am Trying to Break Your Heart,” and consists of lead vocalist/ guitarist BJ Barham, bassist Bill Corbin, guitarist Ryan Johnson, drummer Kevin McClain, and Whit Wright on pedal steel guitar. American Aquarium has released seven album

Dances For The Lonely ( 2009 )

Small Town hymns ( 2010 )

The Bible And The Bottle ( 2008 )

Hello !

Alabama 3 ( 3 from 3 from 1 )

Alabama 3  is an English band mixing rock, electronic, blues, country, gospel, and spoken word styles, founded in Brixton, London in 1995. In the United States, the band is known as A3, allegedly to avoid any possible legal conflict with the country music band Alabama.The group achieved international fame when the producers of hit TV series The Sopranos chose the track "Woke Up This Morning" for the show's opening credits.

The Last Train To Mashville Vol.2 ( 2003 )

Peace In The Valley .... ( 2012 )

La Peste ( 2000 )

Hello!

BROWN BIRD

Brown Bird was an Americana band from Portland, Maine, formed in 2003 as a solo project by David Lamb.
Brown Bird is influenced by American folk music, Gypsy music, and Bluegrass. According to Aimsel Ponti of the Portland Press Herald "heir sound is one that lives on the darker side of American folk, ensconced in Eastern European roots music."

Tautology (2007)

Bottom of the sea ( 2008 )

The Devil Dancing (2009)

Hello !

Josh Ritter ( 3 from 3 from 1 )

Josh Ritter (born October 21, 1976) is an American singer-songwriter, guitarist and author who performs and records with The Royal City Band. Ritter is known for his distinctive Americana style and narrative lyrics. In 2006 he was named one of the "100 Greatest Living Songwriters" by Paste magazine

So Runs the World Away is the sixth full-length studio album by Josh Ritter. It was released on vinyl record on April 17, 2010 as a part of Record Store Day in the United States

The Beast in Its Tracks is the seventh full-length studio album, by Josh Ritter. It was released on March 5, 2013

Hello Starling is the third album by Josh Ritter, released on September 9, 2003.

Good Day Citizens of Spotify

Prithee may I offer a 3 From 3 From 1 selection? Good Sirs and Ladies I present, for your approval, Renaissance.

The band, acclaimed for their unique blending of progressive rock with classical and symphonic influences, can trace its origins back to 1969 when theYardbirds disbanded, founding members, Keith Relf and Jim McCarty began to organize a new group devoted to the experimentation between rock, folk, and classical forms.

This quintet – Relf on guitar & vocals, McCarty on drums, plus bassist Louis Cennamo, pianist John Hawken, and Relf’s sister Jane as an additional vocalist – released a pair of ground breaking albums on Elektra and Island, but when touring began to grind on them, the band gradually dissolved one by one.

Renaissance underwent several incarnations until 1971 when vocalist Annie Haslam, joined guitarist/composer Michael Dunford and John Tout, Neil Korner, Terry Crowe and Terry Slade. Several line-ups ensued until in 1973 Terence Sullivan and Jon Camp joined propelling the band into the realm of successful world-class recording and touring status.

This playlist features selections from the following Albums:

1.Scheherazade and Other Stories (1975)

2.Turn of the Cards (1974)

3.Ashes Are Burning (1973)

Hello !

Adrian Crowley ( 3 from 3 from 1 )

Adrian Crowley is a singer-songwriter from Galway, based in Dublin and was born in Sliema, Malta Beginning his career at the age of 25, Crowley has released six albums, with his debut A Strange Kind arriving in 1999. He followed this with When You Are Here You Are Family (2002), A Northern Country (2004), Long Distance Swimmer (2007), Season of the Sparks (2009) and "I See Three Birds Flying" (2012) In a 2005 Rolling Stone interview, Ryan Adams cited Crowley when asked "Who's the best songwriter that no one's heard of". The Irish Times placed this artist at number eight in a list of "The 50 Best Irish Acts Right Now" published in April 2009.

Crowley has won the Choice Music Prize for Irish Album of the Year on one occasion for Season of the Sparks and been nominated on two another occasion for Long Distance Swimmer and "I See Tree Birds Flying"..

.  Some blue morning ( 2014 )

.  A northen country ( 2004 )

.  I see three birds flying ( 2012 )

My selection :

Wow ! i love it. This is very very good, an artist that i'll get to know better for sure. Thanks a lot Ghysi ! 

Hi, my first 3-3-1 is a little bit different style of music than what most people share here, but i want to share it, because this is something different even for me, but i quite like it. Welcome to the ZEF side.

3 from 3 from 1 - Die Antwoord

I hope you won't be offended by this one.

First of all, it is 3 from 3 from 1 +1, because the last one wasn't on any of selected albums, but it is a heart issue of mine and i have to add it.

The second thing is, that the band i've picked is a Czech one and all their lyrics are in czech.

Those lyrics are poetical, full of methapores and may seem that they don't make any sense, but they do. But i hope you'll at least enjoy the sound.

3 from 3 from 1 - Kryštof

My third and last 3 from 3 from 1 is a one, that doesn't require knowledge of any language.

I present you music from Tycho and i enjoy it because that is something i can listen when i need to cheer my self up, when i want to relax or even when i go to sleep. I hope you'll enjoy it too (if you like Bonobo or similar, i think you'll like this aswell).

3 from 3 from 1 - Tycho

Hello !

The American Analog Set ( 3 From 3 From 1 )

The American Analog Set(sometimes referred to as AmAnSet) is an Austin-based indie rock, lo-fi band. They have released six studio albums, on the record labels Emperor Jones and Tiger Style, with their latest (Set Free) on Arts & Crafts.

Formed in 1995, the group's early sound was highly influenced by krautrock and post-rock and British shoegazer bands like Cocteau Twins, often featuring long instrumental passages. Over time, their songs became shorter and more pop-influenced. The band   has released six full-length albums, four EPs, and several vinyl singles

Through The 90s: Singles And Unreleased ( 2001 ).. 

Know By Heart ( 2001 )

Set Free ( 2005 )

Hello !

Patrick Watson ( 3 From 3 From 1 )

Patrick Watson (born 1979) is a Canadian singer-songwriter from Montreal, Quebec. It also refers to the eponymous band formed by Watson, whose blend of cabaret pop and classical music influences with indie rock has been compared to Rufus Wainwright, Andrew Bird, Nick Drake, Jeff Buckley and Pink Floyd for its experimental musicianship

Close to Paradise is the second album by Patrick Watson, released on September 26, 2006. On September 24, 2007, the album won the Polaris Music Prize, after reaching the finals alongside such other albums as Neon Bible (Arcade Fire), Ashtray Rock (Joel Plasket Emergency), Woke Myself Up (Julie Doiron), and The Reminder (Feist)

Wooden Arms is the third album by Patrick Watson, released April 28, 2009 on Secret City Records

Adventures in Your Own Backyard is the fourth studio album by Canadian group Patrick Watson, released in April 2 2012

( wikipedia )

Hello !

The National ( 3 from 3 from 1 )

The National is an American indie rock band formed in Cincinnati, Ohio, United States, in 1999, and currently based in Brooklyn. The band's lyrics, which have been described as "dark, melancholy and difficult to interpret", are written and sung by Matt Berninger, a baritone. The band's music is composed and performed by Aaron Dessner (guitar and keyboard), Bryce Dessner (guitar), Scott Devendorf (bass) and Bryan Devendorf (drums). The band has recorded six studio albums; the most recent, Trouble Will Find Me, was released in May 2013 and was nominated in the 2014 Grammys for Best Alternative Album ( wikipedia )

Trouble Will Find Me ( 2013 )

High Violet ( 2010 )

Boxer (2007 )

Hello !

Amorphous Androgynous ( Alias The Future Sound of London ) ( 3 from 3 from 1 )

The Future Sound of London (often abbreviated to FSOL) is a British electronic music band composed of Garry Cobain (sometimes styled as Gaz Cobain) and Brian Dougans. The duo are often credited with pushing the boundaries of electronic music experimentation and of pioneering a new era of dance music. Although often labelled as ambient, Cobain and Dougans usually resist being typecast into any one particular genre. Their work covers many areas of electronic music, such as ambient techno, house music, trip-hop, ambient dub, acid techno. In addition to music composition, their interests have covered a number of areas including film and video, 2D and 3D computer graphics, animation in making almost all their own videos for their singles, radio broadcasting and creating their own electronic devices for sound making. They have released works under numerous aliases. ( Example : Amorphous Androgynous )

The Isness is a 2002 album by experimental electronica group The Future Sound of London, released under the alias Amorphous Androgynous (except in the US, where it was released as FSOL for commercial reasons). An expanded version was released called The Isness and the Otherness, a two disc special edition containing The Isness on disc one and The Otherness, featuring additional tracks and recordings, on disc two.

Alice in Ultraland is an 2005 album by experimental electronica group Amorphous Androgynous, which is a side project of The Future Sound of London.

In early March 2008, the band released a new online album as Amorphous Androgynous entitled The Peppermint Tree and Seeds of Superconsciousness, which they describe as "A collection of psychedelic relics from The Amorphous Androgynous, 1967-2007".

Wikipedia )

(3 from 3 from 1 - 10 Years)

10 Years is an alternative rock (alternative metal) band from Knoxville, TN.

Wasteland is the track that put them on the map, so to speak. Starting with the album that song comes from and the next two albums, I picked songs that if you don't listen to them except on the radio, you may know or might not know.

The Autumn Effect (2005), Division(2008), Feeding the Wolves (2010)

Hello !

The Velvet Underground ( 3 From 3 From 1 )

The Velvet Underground was an American rock band, active between 1964 and 1973, formed in New York City by Lou Reed and John Cale.

Although experiencing little commercial success while together, the band is often cited by critics as one of the most important and influential groups of all time. In a 1982 interview Brian Eno made the oft-repeated statement that while the first Velvet Underground album may have sold only 30,000 copies in its early years, "everyone who bought one of those 30,000 copies started a band."

Nico (born Christa Päffgen; 16 October 1938 – 18 July 1988) was a German singer-songwriter, lyricist, composer, musician, fashion model, and actress who became famous as a Warhol Superstar in the 1960s. She is known for her vocals on the Velvet Underground's debut album, The Velvet Underground & Nico (1967), and her work as a solo artist. She also had roles in several films, including Federico Fellini's La Dolce Vita (1960) and Andy Warhol's Chelsea Girls (1966).

Nico died from a heart attack in July 1988.

Chelsea Girl is the debut solo album by Nico. It was released in October 1967 by Verve Records, also home to The Velvet Underground.

Bonus : Nico (  from 1 ) Chelsea Girl - 1967

Hi everyone !

Great thread 🙂

3 from 3 from 1 - The Charlatans

Some Friendly (1990)
Up To Our Hips (1994)
The Charltans (1995)

hello !

Matt Bauer ( 3 from 3 from 1 )

The rudiments of album's Matt are quite simple: banjo, guitar, hints of strings and soft vocals. Bauer sings mostly alone, yet on a number of tracks guest female vocalists add breathy harmonies.

The Jessamine County Book of The Living ( 2011 )

The Island Moved In The Storm ( 2008 )

Wasp and White Roses ( 2006 )

Suggested posts