Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Share your 3 from 3 from 1 playlist - Three songs, three albums, one artist

Share your 3 from 3 from 1 playlist - Three songs, three albums, one artist

Take three songs from three albums from one artist.

Please name the playlists "3 from 3 from 1 - (Artist name)" to make them easy to search for on Spotify.

So here´s my first: 3 from 3 from 1 - Frank Zappa

130 Replies

Hello !

Micah P. Hinson ( 3 from 3 from 1 )

Micah Paul Hinson (born February 3, 1981) is an American Americana singer and guitarist and recording artist for Sketchbook Records in the United Kingdom and Jade Tree Records in the United States. His debut album Micah P. Hinson and the Gospel of Progress was released in 2004 to much critical praise. He has also released two EPs; one of early material (2005's The Baby and the Satellite) and the second as The Late Cord with John Mark Lapham of The Earlies (2006 release Lights from the Wheelhouse). The follow-up to his debut, Micah P. Hinson and the Opera Circuit, was released in 2006 and his third album, Micah P. Hinson and the Red Empire Orchestra on July 14, 2008. The Pioneer Saboteur on 2010.

( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micah_P._Hinson )

Hello

Howe gelb ( 3 From 3 From 1 )

Howe Gelb is an American singer-songwriter, musician and record producer based in Tucson, Arizona.

Mr. Howe Gelb:  for almost 30 years in various formations under several pseudonyms: Giant Sand, OP8, The Band of Blacky Ranchette... It was also seen alongside illustrious sidekicks: Lisa Germano, Calexico, John Parish, to name a few.

( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howe_Gelb )

Sno angel Like You - 2006

The Listener - 2012

Hisser - 1998

Three of three from three bands (that's how i saw this post a the begining) so even if it is not exactly what it supposed to be, here's my playlist : 

Hello !

Re: Share your 3 from 3 from 1 playlist - Three songs, three albums, one artist

But it's good anyway  🙂

Here's my 3 for 3 from New Zealand rock band Shihad (Pacifier)   

Albums used are : Beautiful Machine, Love Is The New Hate and Ignite.

Backworld ( 3 from 3 from 1 )

Neofolk, Contemporary Folk, Dark Folk, Psychedelic Folk

Backworld is an American folk band  whose only constant occupation of the singer and guitarist Joseph Bude Holzer The group was founded in New York City, where she, after spending several years in Glasgow, Scotland, is established again today.

Anthems From The Pleasure Park ( 2008 )

Good Infection ( 2008 )

Of Silver Sleep ( 1999 )

Here is my 3 from 3 from 1 playlist - from my favorite band of all-time!  Queen.

If you liked my post, please send me some "kudos"!

If I solved a problem for you, please click the "accept as solution" tab.

FOLLOW ME AND I WILL FOLLOW YOU (just let me know you followed me)

KAREN ON LAST.FM

Karen's Twitter

Let's step back in time........I have chosen INXS for My 3 From 3 From 1

INXS is one of the most successful Australian rock bands. The 3 INXS albums that I have chosen is The Swing, Kick and Listen Like Thieves.........So crank up the volume and enjoy the selection of INXS songs!!!

Many people tell me Zeppelin is over-played and they are tired of hearing their stuff. I am not among them. I can still listen to these songs (and all the rest) any time. Nice list.

Hello !

Herman Dune ( 3 from 3 from 1 )

Herman Dune (originally Herman Düne) is a French duo, formed in 1999. Originally a trio, the band now consists of David-Ivar Herman Dune (guitars and vocals), and Néman Herman Dune (drums and sometimes backing vocals). Néman, who is from Switzerland, replaced former drummer Omé in early 2001. On 13 December 2006, André Herman Dune played his last show with the band, and subsequently changed his name to Stanley Brinks

The band is often mistaken as being Swedish, probably because André and David have a Swedish mother. In an interview in the Swedish .newspaper Svenska Dagbladet Néman says "The band is French." David continues: "Yes, the confusion about our origin is because people  are good at making things up. And we have never fought the rumours. I lived in USA for a while, and all of a sudden the band was American 

(Wikipedia )

Next Year In Zion ( 2008 )

They Go To The Woods ( 2001 )

Not On Top ( 2004 )

Hello !

Bigott ( 3 From 3 From 1 )

Bigott is a band from Zaragoza, Spain. Singing in English, Borja Laudo has been compared to the likes of Bonnie Prince BIlly, Iron and Wine, Lou Reed, and Tom Waits.

With songs entitled Dead Mum Walking and Cannibal Dinner, Zaragoza's brilliant Bigott is a kind of Badly Drawn Beck. His surreal, colourful English lyrics deserve to be heard outside of his home country. ( theguardian.com ).

- This Is The Begining Of A Beautiful Friendship ( 2010 )

- The Original Soundtrack ( 2011 )

- Fin ( 2009 )

Awesome
Love die antwood
I have a thing for crazy music, follow me to listen to check out my playlists..

If you like the post, please give KUDOS.
If i help you with something, accept as a solution, will be awesome..

Feel free to send a friend request, music network is infinite...

I had a quick look at all your entries and there are some artist i want to listen to, so i'll be checking up this topic with much care..

I decided to this my 3-3-1 list about my favorite band of all time:

Metallica, well known band from california, i went to the only concert they've offered in the city i live in, Guadalajara México.

Since i was a teenager i listen to them and i think they are awesome (except for the album with lou reed, there is just something about that album that i just can bare)..

it has pretty hard to choose 3 songs for 3 albums considering that this band has had changes on the members, and the style has changed and mature with the years, that is what i like the most about them.

so i chosed an album for each time, ride the lightning, the black album and death magnetic, wich i like besides what critics may think (i also liked st. anger)...

most of you may know this band but i'll love to read your thoughts about them, about their music and of course about my track selection...

enjoy, and let me know..

have a great day! 

Hello Guys!!

So i was working and a song from this band came up, and i decided to quickly make my 3-3-1 playlist..

This 80's band is from Spain (not sure if @OviiiOne knows them, he might be young).

I have older cousins and i grew up to their songs.. their music can be fun, or very romantic, they were young and their old school style  of rockandroll has that something that can make you dance and laugh with your friends...

I know most of the community users speak english or other, but i'm pretty sure that music is capable to overcome language borderlines...

Hope you guys enjoy.. 

Comments are always welcome... Good Day! 

3-3-1 Hombres G

Of course I know it:
"Sufre mamon
Devuélveme a mi chica
O te retorcerás
Entre polvos picapica"

Hello !

Beck ( 3 from3 from1 )

Beck Hansen (born Bek David Campbell; July 8, 1970), known by the stage name Beck, is an American singer-songwriter, producer, and multi-instrumentalist. He rose to fame in the early 1990s with his lo-fi, sonically experimental style, and he became well known for creating musical collages of a wide range of styles. His later recordings encompass folk, funk, soul, hip hop, alternative rock, country, and psychedelia. He has released 12 studio albums, as well as several non-album singles and a book of sheet music.

( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beck )

Mellow Gold ( 1994 )

Morning Phase ( 2014 )

Sea Change ( 2002 )

Hello !

Roxy Music - Bryan Ferry ( 3 from3 from1 )

Bryan Ferry, CBE (born 26 September 1945) is an English singer-songwriter and musician.

Ferry came to prominence in the early 1970s as the lead vocalist and principal songwriter with the art rock band Roxy Music, which had three number one albums and ten singles entering the top ten charts in the United Kingdom during the 1970s and the 1980s, including "Virginia Plain"  "Street Life", "Love is the Drug", "Dance Away", "Angel Eyes", "Over You", "Oh Yeah", "Jealous Guy", and "More Than This". Ferry began his solo career in 1973, while still a member of Roxy Music. His solo hits include "A Hard Rain's a-Gonna Fall", "Let's Stick Together", "This Is Tomorrow", "Slave to Love" and "Don't Stop the Dance". Etc .............

( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryan_Ferry )

Roxy Music - Essential ( 2011 )

Bryan Ferry - Best Of ( 2009 )

Roxy Music - Avalon ( 1982 )

My selection ............... Hard !  ( I cheated a little )

""

Another 3-3-1 list this time is for: 

Black Sabbath (with Ozzy)

(in case you lived under a rock for the past 40 years)

Black Sabbath are an English rock band, formed in Birmingham in 1968, by guitarist and main songwriter Tony Iommi, bassist and main lyricist Geezer Butler, singer Ozzy Osbourne, and drummer Bill Ward. The band have since experienced multiple line-up changes, with guitarist Iommi being the only constant presence in the band through the years. Originally formed in 1968 as a blues rock band, the group soon adopted the Black Sabbath moniker and began incorporating occult themes with horror-inspired lyrics and tuned-down guitars. Despite an association with these two themes, Black Sabbath also composed songs dealing with social instability, political corruption, the dangers of drug abuse and apocalyptic prophecies of the horrors of war.

Selection is hard, and i started with the new album, cause i really liked it.. this guys can still rock..

(sorry i can paste my playlist here anymore, but please click on the link) 

https://open.spotify.com/user/1278478633/playlist/3EZ5CMVD70IeBajKnwqQAH

as always comments are welcome... Enjoy! 

Great choices. Eduardo, I always loved Black Sabbath. I prefer the Ozzy's era. Sorry for my bad english speaking.

Their last album is very very good. I expected less, but i was amazed to have more than what i could imagine. This is an excellent album.

My preference are these :

My favorite Black Sabbath Songs

So hoping that it will sounds good to you to all of you. 

Thanks ! 

Regards, 

André 

Front Line Assembly is a band that i know since some years now. But i rediscoverd them in some new melodies who suprised me a lot, and i mean in a positive way. 

My favorite songs of Front Line Assembly are : 

Prime Empiricism from the album Airmech 

Exo (they sing "it's o"ver but that sound like Exo) from the album Echogenetic

Laws of deception from the album Improvised Electronic Device

From this playlist

My Front Line Assembly Playlist

Suggested posts