Share your 3 from 3 from 1 playlist - Three songs, three albums, one artist

Share your 3 from 3 from 1 playlist - Three songs, three albums, one artist

leavingthevoid
Music Fan

Take three songs from three albums from one artist.

Please name the playlists "3 from 3 from 1 - (Artist name)" to make them easy to search for on Spotify.

So here´s my first: 3 from 3 from 1 - Frank Zappa

129 Replies

Re: Share your 3 from 3 from 1 playlist - Three songs, three albums, one artist

Jack_H
Spotify Legend

Hey @leavingthevoid

Nice idea! Here's one from me: 3 from 3 from 1 - Mogwai.

I think I've got to less than half of their albums though. I tried to stick so they're all a similar style. Maybe another thread could be '3 from 6 from 1'  :P

leavingthevoid
Music Fan

Yeah, its quite a lot of bands it going to be a real challenge to pick out just a few songs from a few albums from. So a “3 from 6 from 1” is a nice idea. If no one else wants to start it, I do it some day soon.

leavingthevoid
Music Fan

3 from 3 from 1 - Primus

This list contains a band with many sides, and that a lot of people either love or hate. I have tried to select tunes where the band stick to the most straightforward rock music they offer. Though it always end with a few progressive tunes from Primus for me. Still good rock music.

Jack_H
Spotify Legend

This is cool. They're totally different songs to the ones I might've picked. But like you say, the best way to get into Primus is with the more 'approachable' songs

leavingthevoid
Music Fan

Cool to hear your opinion on the selection!

A friend asked me once: "You have to be a bit weird to like Primus, don´t you?"

"You don´t, but it helps."

Coz in the end you also have to get a long with the bands weirdness to dive deep into their music, i belive.

And if you asked me to give a list with my favourites, I don´t think I would manage it.

Jack_H
Spotify Legend

Yeah, I agree.

I first got into it while I was learning to play bass. So I just sat there in awe of Les Claypool. I've always enjoyed they use the bass for the riffs, rather than just guitar with the bass in the background. And it's just sort of gone from there for me

Community Manager
Community Manager

This is a great idea for a thread. Caught these guys at a show in Stockholm last week so I made a 3 from 3 fron 1 playlist for The Antlers:

Carina
Community Legend

I figured out that lots of my current favorite musicians didn't release more than 1 or 2 albums.. But I was listening to Bonobo again this day (after a while) and decided to choose him for my first 3-3-1 playlist :)

Re : Share your 3 from 3 from 1 playlist - Three songs, three albums, one artist

user-removed
Not applicable

Hello )

3/3/1  Good idea !! ........ Thanks

Television Personalities

"Television Personalities" Punk? post punk? Since 1978 and more than 10 albums, they surprise with their music and singing very weird of Dan Treacy ......... I love

SUGGESTED POSTS