Share your 3 from 3 from 1 playlist - Three songs, three albums, one artist

Re : Share your 3 from 3 from 1 playlist - Three songs, three albums, one artist

Bingre
Music Fan

I know Zappa is already here but Music Is The Best!

Re : Share your 3 from 3 from 1 playlist - Three songs, three albums, one artist

user-removed
Not applicable

Hello !
It is true that Zappa is good, and you could have added 6 more pieces

3 From 3 from From 1 playlist  =  3 Titles of 3 Albums for 1 playlist = 9 titles

See you soon !

Bingre
Music Fan

So I did it! Now I have 9 songs there, from 3 albums of 1 great musician. Thank you, ghysl, for the hint!

user-removed
Not applicable

hello

Mutual Benefit ( 3 from 3 from 1 )

Mutual Benefit was first created as a musical project by Jordan Lee while he was living in Austin, Texas. Lee then moved to Boston in order to meet up with some musicians he wanted to play with. The band consisted of fluid band members, and the band's line-ups on tours were based on which musicians were available at the time. While touring on the road in late 2011, Lee began recording for the album Love's Crushing Diamond. Lyrics and musical composition for the album were written while Lee was living in St. Louis, but the recording began at the Ohm Recording Studio in Austin, Texas. The album was finished in Boston and released on October 7, 2013. The album became the first Bandcamp release to be named "Best New Music" by Pitchfork. ( Wikipedia )

Love's Crushing Diamond is the debut studio album by American band Mutual Benefit. It was originally released as a limited edition 250 LP run by Soft Eyes on October 7, 2013. Other Music Recording Company re-released the album on a larger scale on December 3, 2013.

Mutual Spirits is a split vinyl 12" between Mutual Benefit (Boston, MA) and Holy Spirits (New York, NY). The idea for the split came about following shows both bands played in California in early 2010. ( fatherdaughterrecords )

Reissue of 2011's Cowboy's Prayer EP, which was previously only available as a Bandcamp download

Re: Share your 3 from 3 from 1 playlist - Three songs, three albums, one artist

ZaziAziz
Casual Listener

Here's my 9, from The Boy Least Likely To.  Musically, this band is almost the exact opposite of what I enjoy: it's bright, fizzy, pop-y twee.   I check out random CDs from the library, and The Great Perhaps was one of my picks for the week.  Upon first listen, I didn't enjoy it all, but then I started listening to the lyrics.  Holy crap!  The Boy Least Likely To is the soundtrack for the asocial set.  Almost every song is shot straight to the heart of the socially-inept, cowardly loner.   After that third or fourth listen, I was determined to listen to the rest of the albums, and while they do have a few songs that are misses, as a whole they stack up to be one of my favoritest bands.

Bingre
Music Fan

This is a sound you may not be used to. Carlos Paredes was the greatest player of "the portuguese guitar". A guitar with a unique shape and sound. It is the main instrument on the portuguese traditional music: Fado.

user-removed
Not applicable

Hello !

The Cure ( 3 from 3 from 1 )

The Cure are an English rock band formed in Crawley, West Sussex, in 1976. The band has experienced several line-up changes, with vocalist, guitarist and principal songwriter Robert Smith being the only constant member. The Cure first began releasing music in the late 1970s with its debut album Three Imaginary Boys.

Seventeen Seconds is the second studio album, recorded at Morgan Studio and released on 22 April 1980 by Fiction Records.

Faith is the third studio album, released on 14 April 1981 by record labels Fiction and Polydor

( Wikipedia )

user-removed
Not applicable

Hello !

Blaudzun  ( 3 from 3 from 1 )

Blaudzun is the stage name of the Dutch singer-songwriter Johannes Sigmond (Arnhem, Netherlands, 26 October 1974) who played for years in various bands and projects before he continued as a singer-songwriter in 2006.

- Seadrift Soundmachine (12 Février 2010)
- Heavy Flowers (9 January 2012)
- Blaudzun (April 2008)

user-removed
Not applicable

Hello !

Pixies  ( 3 from 3 from 1 )

The Pixies are an American alternative rock band formed in Boston, Massachusetts, in 1986. . The Pixies achieved relatively modest popularity in their home country, but were significantly more successful in the United Kingdom and mainland Europe..

Their first full-length album, Surfer Rosa, was released in 1988 on 4AD; an American distribution deal was agreed with Rough Trade Records several months later.

Come On Pilgrim is the debut mini-LP release by the American alternative rock band Pixies. Produced by Gary Smith, the album was released in September 1987 by 4AD. This disc is now marketed with the album Surfer Rosa on one CD.

Doolittle is the second studio album by Pixies, released in April 1989 on 4AD. The album's offbeat and dark subject material, featuring references to surrealism, Biblical violence, torture and death

Bossanova is the third studio album released in August 1990 on the English independent record label 4AD in the United Kingdom and by Elektra Records in the United States. ( Wikipedia )

user-removed
Not applicable

Hello !

The Jesus and Mary Chain ( 3 from 3 from 1 )

The Jesus and Mary Chain are a Scottish alternative rock band formed in East Kilbride in 1983. The band revolves around the songwriting partnership of brothers Jim and William Reid. They released a string of albums, singles and EPs between their 1983 formation and their 1999 breakup, and gained notoriety in their early days for short sets and violence that became common at their live shows

Psychocandy is the debut studio album by The Jesus and Mary Chain. It was released in November 1985 on Blanco y Negro Records. The album is considered a landmark recording: its combination of guitar feedback with traditional pop song structures proved influential on the forthcoming shoegazing genre and alternative rock in general.

Darklands is the second album by The Jesus and Mary Chain.( 1987 ) Unlike their previous album, drum machines were used in place of drummer Bobby Gillespie, who had left to pursue a successful career as the frontman with Primal Scream.

Stoned & Dethroned is the fifth album by the Jesus and Mary Chain. After spending most of 1992 touring, including a slot on that year's Lollapalooza tour, the band went into the studio during January 1993 with the notion of recording an acoustic album.

Wikipedia

SUGGESTED POSTS