Share your 3 from 3 from 1 playlist - Three songs, three albums, one artist

Re: Share your 3 from 3 from 1 playlist - Three songs, three albums, one artist

user-removed
Not applicable

Hello !

Happy New Year, everyone!

The Violent Femmes ( 3 from 3 from 1 )

The Violent Femmes is an American alternative rock band from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
The Violent Femmes have released eight studio albums and fifteen singles during the course of their career. The band found immediate success with the release of their self-titled debut album in early 

Why Do Birds Sing? was released in 1991 after the band signed to Reprise and featured another minor hit, "American Music," which became a concert staple.

Hallowed Ground is the second album by Violent Femmes, released in June 1984. Like the band's first album, the songs were mostly written by singer/guitarist/lyricist Gordon Gano when he was in high school. "Country Death Song", for example, was based on a true story from an 1862 news article about a man who intentionally threw his daughter into a well and then hanged himself in his barn. It was written by Gano during his 10th grade study hall.

The Blind Leading the Naked is the third album by Violent Femmes. It was produced by Jerry Harrison of Talking Heads and released in 1986. The title is a play on the figure of speech, "the blind leading the blind."

user-removed
Not applicable

Hello !

Setting Sun ( 3 from 3 from 1 )

Setting Sun is a band with a rotating lineup led by frontman and producer Gary Levitt. The first release was aptly titled 'holed up'  and was written and recorded in San Francisco, California.

Driven by simple acoustic guitar lines, graceful string orchestrations, and Levitt's hushed vocals, Setting Sun's songwriting, arrangements and lyrics were called "dramatic and poignant" by NPR.[1] The sound is centered on the song, with poppy hooks and choruses, while mixing synth experimentalism in with its folky, string-band sound. It is tough to characterize the sound of the band as it is crossover between indie-rock, folk and chamber pop music.

Wikipedia

Children of the wild ( 2008 )

Holed up ( 2002 )

Fantasurreal ( 2010 )

user-removed
Not applicable

Hello !

American Aquarium( 3 from 3 from 1 )

Formed in 2006, the band derived its name from the Wilco song, “I Am Trying to Break Your Heart,” and consists of lead vocalist/ guitarist BJ Barham, bassist Bill Corbin, guitarist Ryan Johnson, drummer Kevin McClain, and Whit Wright on pedal steel guitar. American Aquarium has released seven album

Dances For The Lonely ( 2009 )

Small Town hymns ( 2010 )

The Bible And The Bottle ( 2008 )

user-removed
Not applicable

Hello !

Alabama 3 ( 3 from 3 from 1 )

Alabama 3  is an English band mixing rock, electronic, blues, country, gospel, and spoken word styles, founded in Brixton, London in 1995. In the United States, the band is known as A3, allegedly to avoid any possible legal conflict with the country music band Alabama.The group achieved international fame when the producers of hit TV series The Sopranos chose the track "Woke Up This Morning" for the show's opening credits.

The Last Train To Mashville Vol.2 ( 2003 )

Peace In The Valley .... ( 2012 )

La Peste ( 2000 )

user-removed
Not applicable

Hello!

BROWN BIRD

Brown Bird was an Americana band from Portland, Maine, formed in 2003 as a solo project by David Lamb.
Brown Bird is influenced by American folk music, Gypsy music, and Bluegrass. According to Aimsel Ponti of the Portland Press Herald "heir sound is one that lives on the darker side of American folk, ensconced in Eastern European roots music."

Tautology (2007)

Bottom of the sea ( 2008 )

The Devil Dancing (2009)

user-removed
Not applicable

Hello !

Josh Ritter ( 3 from 3 from 1 )

Josh Ritter (born October 21, 1976) is an American singer-songwriter, guitarist and author who performs and records with The Royal City Band. Ritter is known for his distinctive Americana style and narrative lyrics. In 2006 he was named one of the "100 Greatest Living Songwriters" by Paste magazine

So Runs the World Away is the sixth full-length studio album by Josh Ritter. It was released on vinyl record on April 17, 2010 as a part of Record Store Day in the United States

The Beast in Its Tracks is the seventh full-length studio album, by Josh Ritter. It was released on March 5, 2013

Hello Starling is the third album by Josh Ritter, released on September 9, 2003.

Phosbrite
Regular

Good Day Citizens of Spotify

Prithee may I offer a 3 From 3 From 1 selection? Good Sirs and Ladies I present, for your approval, Renaissance.

The band, acclaimed for their unique blending of progressive rock with classical and symphonic influences, can trace its origins back to 1969 when theYardbirds disbanded, founding members, Keith Relf and Jim McCarty began to organize a new group devoted to the experimentation between rock, folk, and classical forms.

This quintet – Relf on guitar & vocals, McCarty on drums, plus bassist Louis Cennamo, pianist John Hawken, and Relf’s sister Jane as an additional vocalist – released a pair of ground breaking albums on Elektra and Island, but when touring began to grind on them, the band gradually dissolved one by one.

Renaissance underwent several incarnations until 1971 when vocalist Annie Haslam, joined guitarist/composer Michael Dunford and John Tout, Neil Korner, Terry Crowe and Terry Slade. Several line-ups ensued until in 1973 Terence Sullivan and Jon Camp joined propelling the band into the realm of successful world-class recording and touring status.

This playlist features selections from the following Albums:

1.Scheherazade and Other Stories (1975)

2.Turn of the Cards (1974)

3.Ashes Are Burning (1973)

user-removed
Not applicable

Hello !

Adrian Crowley ( 3 from 3 from 1 )

Adrian Crowley is a singer-songwriter from Galway, based in Dublin and was born in Sliema, Malta Beginning his career at the age of 25, Crowley has released six albums, with his debut A Strange Kind arriving in 1999. He followed this with When You Are Here You Are Family (2002), A Northern Country (2004), Long Distance Swimmer (2007), Season of the Sparks (2009) and "I See Three Birds Flying" (2012) In a 2005 Rolling Stone interview, Ryan Adams cited Crowley when asked "Who's the best songwriter that no one's heard of". The Irish Times placed this artist at number eight in a list of "The 50 Best Irish Acts Right Now" published in April 2009.

Crowley has won the Choice Music Prize for Irish Album of the Year on one occasion for Season of the Sparks and been nominated on two another occasion for Long Distance Swimmer and "I See Tree Birds Flying"..

.  Some blue morning ( 2014 )

.  A northen country ( 2004 )

.  I see three birds flying ( 2012 )

My selection :

Musicalchemy
Music Fan

Wow ! i love it. This is very very good, an artist that i'll get to know better for sure. Thanks a lot Ghysi ! 

MikiCis
Regular

Hi, my first 3-3-1 is a little bit different style of music than what most people share here, but i want to share it, because this is something different even for me, but i quite like it. Welcome to the ZEF side.

3 from 3 from 1 - Die Antwoord

SUGGESTED POSTS