Share your Entire Spotify Profile

Share your Entire Spotify Profile

yourninatchka
Roadie

First off, I'm sorry if this has already been discussed but I tried to search for this specific topic and couldn't find it anywhere.

Does anyone else have Spotify friends who don't seem to have much of an imagination when it comes to music (I think you all know the kinds of people I'm talking about), yet they have tons of followers? It's similar to certain social media sites where people just add as many friends as humanly possible which becomes super impersonal.

I'm asking because (this is gonna sound like I'm tooting my own horn but I'm not I promise) I've always been complimented for my wide range of music taste and frequently have friends and friends of friends asking me for new music (which I'm sure most you experience as well), and I've come to be pretty proud of my musical ear both in what I listen to and also of my talent as a musicial myself.

However, I don't really have many followers on Spotify which in itself doesn't bother me too much (I got rid of Facebook and Instagram like 6 months ago and don't miss it a single bit) but I get really passionate about certain songs, artists, remixes, etc. and truly enjoy spreading the love so I want to be able to share not just a specific playlist with a specific spotify user but to share my general profile with people, including all of my beloved playlists and discoveries. Nothing makes me happier than when I introduce someone to a song I'm in love with and they fall in love with it too and I immediately am like, "yeah this person gets it". it's one thing that really makes me happy! 

SUGGESTED SOLUTION: Recently I remembered that [usually really annoying] feature on Facebook where people send you requests to like or follow (or whatever word Facebook uses these days) a random page they created that has nothing to do with you and you don't even really know the person anyway. So I'm wondering if there'd be a way to somehow ask other Spotify users--your own friends or even just random Spotify users---to check out your Spotify profile including your public playlists, recently played artists, etc. and give them the opportunity to follow you.

If this already exists, then I'm sorry for wasting anyone's time, I just couldn't find the answer anywhere!  I'm super curious to see if anyone else feels this way and if so, what your thoughts are! 

Thanks for reading!

-Nina (spotify username: ninaolivetti)

6 Replies

Betreff: Share your Entire Spotify Profile

hans-jürgen
Roadie

If you make your playlists public, not secret, then they can be found through the search by any Spotify user. I think this is also true for collaborative playlists which differ from public playlists, as you allow every follower to edit them.

Sharing songs, albums, artists or playlists with specific friends is also possible, these can be Spotify-only or Facebook friends. And your Spotify profile should be visible by any other user as well. See also the Follow tab in the desktop software where suggestions for new friends are listed, e.g. "Tastemakers".

Re: Share your Entire Spotify Profile

Carina
Community Legend

Hey there,

@hans-jürgen already answered a couple of questions but I can suggest a little more.

If one visits a profile, there's a button with 3 buttons under the name with a menu to copy the spotify and/or html url. So people can easily copy the links and share your profile with others.

You might also be interested in these topics of our community, a place to find people to follow and share your tastes:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Social-Off-Topic/How-to-get-followers/m-p/483070#M3464

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Music-Chat/Hello-Introduce-yourself-and-your-music/td-p/508596

Gidyin
Community Legend

Hey @yourninatchka . This is a topic I am very passionate about. I've been making playlists and sharing them with the Spotify community for about a year and have managed to build a following of just over 2000. There are various ways you can boost your exposure, firstly I would say Facebook and Twitter are important so you can have a profile picture and also share your playlists amongst your friends and followers. However by far and away the best place to get exposure is playlists.net. I have been sharing playlists on there for a while now and if you are lucky enough to get them featured or even reviewed then it is more or less guaranteed you will start getting more followers. 

Feel free to check out my playlists.net profile below for some ideas.

Good luck!

Gidyin

yourninatchka
Roadie

Thanks @Gidyin! I'll definitely check out playlists.net and will check out your playlists specifically! 

charljulien

Am I the only one here who think nobody answered ?

We're not talking about being visible, we're talking about sharing our user profile URL (or URI), that's to say, you end up on my spotify profile, picture, recent plays and public playlists.

Until now, I didn't figure out how to do that. Anybody did ? Or just can we ? Crazy that such simple options are not obvious on Spotify.

Thagatsby
SUGGESTED POSTS