Should Spotify create tributes for artists who have passed away on their death anniversaries?

Should Spotify create tributes for artists who have passed away on their death anniversaries?

ecepakdil
Music Fan

I recently thought about this question because I think it would be nice to see a popular platform like Spotify pay tribute to artists saved in their system on the anniversary of them passing away. It doesn't have to be huge, but on the application on phones, maybe a pop-up banner with the arists name, picture, and a few nice words. Another option could be creating a playlist containing the artists music and title it "The Best of ____" and add the playlist to the profile of users who follow the artist. Any thoughts on this?

2 Replies

Re: Should Spotify create tributes for artists who have passed away on their death anniversaries?

crowdiegal
Roadie

I thought they already did that? I especially remember them doing it back in 2016 when both Prince and David Bowie died. 

Re: Should Spotify create tributes for artists who have passed away on their death anniversaries?

ecepakdil
Music Fan

i don't remember even though it wasn't that long ago, but a few artists who passed away in 2017 and 2018 didn't receive some sort of tribute, so I assumed that it wasn't a thing on Spotify. But thank you for mentioning David Bowie and Prince!

SUGGESTED POSTS