Songs That Saved My Life...

Highlighted

Songs That Saved My Life...

Rock Star 18
Rock Star 18

November 9, 2018 will be released by, Sub City / Hopeless Records, a charity compilation titled : "Songs That Saved My Life". It will be filled with songs that “played a pivotal role in the lives of artists and fans.”

Against Me! are one of the artists featured on the upcoming release. They have chosen to cover The Jim Carroll Band's song : People Who Died.

This single has been released today :

spotify:track:7jQDPHH31o1g5wknN2oiwX:small

Originally, this song is part of the debut album of The Jim Carroll Band (1980), which was, and still is, one of my cult album of the 80s.

Jim Carrroll (1949 - 2009) was an American author, poet, autobiographer, and punk musician. He was best known for his 1978 autobiographical work The Basketball Diaries, book which inspired a 1995 film of the same title that starred Leonardo DiCaprio as Carroll.

In 1978, after he moved to California to get a fresh start since overcoming his heroin addiction, Carroll formed The Jim Carroll Band, a new wave/punk rock group, with encouragement from Patti Smith, with whom he once shared an apartment in New York City.

Carroll has collaborated with musicians as Lou Reed, Blue Öyster Cult, Boz Scaggs, Ray Manzarek of The Doors, Pearl Jam, Electric Light Orchestra and Rancid.

Jim Carroll died of a heart attack at his Manhattan home on September 11, 2009.

This cover released today is a good occasion to remember one of my cult artist.

spotify:album:2WHPbmnKpuZqIgzRwmPuXF

twitter.com/soundofus

www.soundofus.com

SoundofusRock Star 18
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS