Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

Songs To Listen To In The Snow?

Songs To Listen To In The Snow?

Regular
Trying to get a snowy playlist together! Need your help.

Had our first cold spell up here in Wisconsin and the heavy snow should be on it's way.

I always like more atmospheric songs. Partial to Brian Eno's "Deep Blue Day" and almost anything from Sigur Ros.

List your personal favorites.
36 Replies

Re: Songs To Listen To In The Snow?

Regular

(Moon Fever- Air).. not sure I would consider a "snow song" but it does sound similar to "Deep Blue Day" It puts me in a particular mood and I love to enjoy the vibes when working. Almost everything by Air has good vibes.. 

thanks, 

Artist & Poet 

-DB Cooper

Dillon Baldwin 

Music Fan

For Emma, Forever Ago by Bon Iver is a great winter album, he created it while heartbroken and spending his days in a snowy cabin. 

Glas/ Green by Solomon Grey is also very beautiful and similar to Deep Blue Day 

🙂 

Community Legend

too perfect not to mention!

spotify:track:2jmh5xcRvwR6aiAjVUYrop

Roadie

On cold days I like to watch lots of movies, so soundtracks usually remind me of the snow. I especially like to watch darker films such as this because it just feels appropriate on a snow day. This is from the Only Lovers Left Alive soundtrack

spotify:track:7lo4aXdAj3q94nYlWl3WtJ:small 

Roadie

Donald Fagen - Snowbound - (off the Kamakiriad album)

It's jazzy and a nice chill out song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vht_XsBtzHQ

user-removed
Not applicable

@artful_dodger59

Here is the Spotify service track for that song by Donald Fagen:

Roadie

Thanks! Need to learn how to do that!

Roadie

Song for when you're lying in bed on a cold winter night with you girl!

spotify:track:3KPF8xVzhAFaZlx33RC8vg

Composer

I think that bands from Norway and Sweden are always reminding me of winter and they are actually pretty good to listen while there's snow outside. Not sure if it is the type of music you like, but I recommend you to listen to Opeth, which is a progressive metal/ progressive rock band from Sweden, I believe their songs are always related to winter theme.

SUGGESTED POSTS